I thought making pizza for this theme but making this traditional bread in to Indian style is very popular in every pizza corner now a days in India. So I want to do my experiments with other ingredients in Italian Cuisine. Here are my 6 recipes what I made for this BM first week hope you all like them.Thank you So much Valli for this wonder full theme, I enjoyed making them and hubby enjoyed eating them.
Spaghetti With Kerala Stew
Bruschetta With Chenna Masala
Risotto with Palak and moong dal
Ravioli with Shahi Paneer
Pasta Butter Masala
Now here is the final recipe for this week is Fried Ravioli With Carrot Halwa....
Flour ----- 1 cup
Egg ----- 1 no
Salt --- a pinch
Water -- few drops if require
1. Take flour on a work top and make a well in the center sprinkle salt, break the egg in the well.
2. Use a fork to scramble the egg, incorporating the flour.
3. Once they mixed with the flour then use your hands to make a dough.
4. If you feel that the dough is stiff can sprinkle a few drops of water and or the dough is sticky then add a little flour and knead the dough for one minute.
5. Now make the dough in to two portions and press them in to thin sheets with a rolling pin. If you have a pasta maker then your work will be very easy.
6. Trim the edges to make the pasta sheets a rectangle.
Now Let's check for this filling Carrot Halwa
Carrot --- 1/2 kg (about5-6 carrots)
Khoya --- 50 gms
Full cream milk --- 1/2 cup
Sugar --- 3/4 cup
Ghee --- 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts --- 20-25
Raisins --- 20
Almonds --- 15 (soaked in water for over night and chopped)
Cardamom powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Scrub and wash the carrots and grate .
Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry cashew nuts till gold and keep a side, then fry raisins and leave a side, then fry almonds(badam) and keep a side.
Now fry grated carrot in the same ghee till raw smell of the carrot disappears.
Now add 1/2 cup full cream milk and stir till milk gets dried.
Then add sugar and stir for some time first sugar leaves water and then it become dry cook in a medium heat .
Now add 3/4 cashews, raisins, almonds,cardamom powder mix well then add 3/4 khoya mix well and stir for 2 sec. and remove from the fire.
Dish out in to a serving bowl and top with remaining dry fruits and khoya
Now lets start making the fried Ravioli
1. Brush the pasta sheets with water.
2. Place a tea sp full Carrot halwa on the pasta sheet.
3. Leave about half inch in between each tea sp of Carrot halwa.
4. Take a second sheet of pasta and lay it over the ravioli.
5. Now cut out ravioli in to individual squares and press the edges to secure the filling in side the pasta.
6 Now leave this carrot halwa filled Ravioli a side for few minute.
7. By the time heat oil in a deep frying pan to deep fry sweet ravioli.
To check if the oil is hot enough to fry ravioli drop a small piece of bread if the bread turn brown in two minutes then your oil is ready for deep frying the ravioli.
8. Now drop slowly 2 ravioli s at a time, turning occasionally fry till golden this will take 60 seconds
9. Remove from oil drain well and let them cool for two minutes and serve.
Serve this Carrot halwa filled ravioli with a scope of ice cream or just sprinkle some honey on top and enjoy.
This is my seventh recipe for Blogging Marathon 15 th edition in the theme of Cook Italian in Indian style and lets check the Marathon page.