Urad dal --- 1 cup
Raw rice ---- 2 cups
Salt to taste
Coconut pieces -- 1 cup
Cumin seeds --- 1 tea sp
Curry leaves ---- 1 spring chopped
Green chillies ---- finely chopped
Oil for frying the rotti
1. Soak dal and rice separately, grind urad dal in to a very smooth paste like how we grind for idli batter.
2. Now drain water from rice, spread on a cloth and let them dry in the shade for half an hour.
3. Grind rice in to a coarse rava consistency, mix this fresh rice rava to urad dal paste add salt to taste, Coconut pieces, green chilli pieces, cumin seeds, curry leaves mix well to combine every thing.
4. Heat a deep frying pan add 1tab sp of oil and pour 4 ladels full batter, Keep the heat very low cover the pan with lid cook till it turns golden down side. This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Check the rotti after 4 minutes if it turns in to golden, flip the rotti other side. drizzle some oil on the edges and let it cook till it turns golden this side too.
Don't cover the pan once you turn the rotti other side and cook both sides till golden.
Remove from heat , serve this Dibbarotti with onion and green chilli chutney or curry leaf powder or any other spicy chutney. This goes very well with majjiga pulusu or any other pulusu verieties.
Enjoy this traditional Andhra breakfast with a cup of coffee or fruit juice.
This is my seventh recipe with the theme of Show Your Breakfast - click and share for blogging marathon 16 th edition At Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page .