Recipe source :- Hershey's Kitchen
All- purpose flour --- 1 -3/4 cup
Sugar ---- 2 cups
Oil ----- 1/2 cup
Milk ---- 1 cup
Hot water --- 1 cup
Hershey's cocoa powder --- 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil --- 1/2 cup
salt -- 1 tea sp
Baking powder --- 1 and 1/2 tea sp
Baking soda --- 1 and 1/2 tea sp
Vanilla extract --- 2 tea sp
Egg replacer --- 2 tab sp +6 tab sp of water
1. Pre- heat the oven at 200 degree C, Grease the cake with little butter and dust with little flour
2. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a mixing bowl and set a side.
3. Take milk, vegetable oil, egg replacer+ 6 tab sp water and vanilla. Beat this with a hand blender on speed 2 for two minutes.
4. Now add hot water and beat for few more minutes.
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well. The batter is little runny.
6. Pour this batter in to prepare cake tins, reduce the oven heat ti 180 degree C and bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes. This depend up on your oven mine took 45 minutes or insert a tooth pic and check if need bake for few more minutes.
7. Remove the cake from oven and cool it on a wire rack, cool completely.
FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING:--
Butter ----- 1/2 cup
Hershey's cocoa powder --- 2/3 cup
Powdered sugar -- 3 cups
Milk ---- 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract ---- 1 tea sp
1. Melt butter, add cocoa mix once then add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and beat for few seconds to bring frosting in to spreading consistency.
You can add a small amount of aditional milk if needed.
I just spread the frosting on the top of the cake.