My final recipe for this week is again with whole wheat flour. These parathas are one variation of normal tawa parathas but with a wonderful flavor of Ajwain (carom seeds). When you get bored of normal plain roti or parathas this will be a good choice. Since ajwain or carom seeds will help in improving digestion and controls the stomach pain
Let's check the recipe...
Whole wheat flour -- 2 cups
salt to taste
Oil --- 2 tea sp
Ajwain --- 1 or one and half tea sp
Cumin powder --- 1 tea sp
Finely chopped coriander leaves --- 1 tab sp
water for kneading the dough
Ghee or oil for frying the parathas
1. In a mixing bowl take wheat flour, salt to taste add enough water and knead in to a smooth dough.
2. Add two tea sp oil and knead the dough for few minutes to make it soft, cover with a moist kitchen towel and set a side at least for half an hour.
3. Divide the dough in to equal portions, now press this dough portions in to thick circles like plain rotis
4. spread little ghee or oil on the plain and sprinkle a pinch of cumin powder, a big pinch of ajwain seeds and few finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Now fold the rotis in to triangle and roll this triangles evenly to make about a 8 inch paratha.
6. Heat a tawa or griddle and place this parathas and cook for a while both sides then apply little ghee or oil both sides and fry till golden both sides.
serve hot with pickle and curd or any curry you like.