Hi friends,Again I am here after a long break. I know from long time no post from my side. I guess this is how it is going to be for some more time. this is all because of my personal work. How are you all, hope you all doing great. As you all know now a days I am with my parents and enjoying my moms cooking. she always like to do some experiments in her kitchen . one day when I was going to the supermarket my mom ask me to buy some shell pasta,I wondered and asked her what? you like to eat pasta? she told me that you just bring a packet of shell pasta I will make some thing special for you, and here is the recipe born. And here I go with the recipe.............
Watermelon pieces ---- 2cups
FOR WATERMELON PIECES:----
Cut the watermelon and remove the red fruit part and peel the green skin and take the white part and cut in to 2 inch size pieces.
Shell pasta---- 1 cup cooked
Boil water in a sauce pan and add 1 tea sp oil and pasta to boiling water and cook till done and drain the water and pour cold water and drain the cold water also and leave a side.
Onion ---1 big finely chopped
Tomato --- 1 big chopped
Cashew nuts – 10
Oil – 1 tab sp
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon – ½ inch pieces 3
Cardamom – 3
Cumin seeds – ½ teasp
Red chilli powder – 1 tea sp(according to your taste or you can just remove from the list to make the recipe in a mild taste)
Turmeric powder --- ¼ tea sp
Salt – 1 ½ teasp or according to your taste
Coriander leaves --- 1 tab sp chopped
Coconut – 1 tab sp freshly grated
Poppy seeds – 1 tea sp
Garlic – 6 cloves
Cashew nuts or almonds – 5 soaked in water for 10 min.
Coriander powder – 1 tea sp
Grind all above masala ingredients in to fine paste and leave a side.
- Heat 1 tab sp oil in a sauce pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin seeds let them splutter
- Then add finely chopped onion and fry till onion become transparent.
- Now add chopped tomato,salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well, cover with a lid and cook in a low flame till tomato become soft looks like a paste.
- Then add ground masala and fry till raw smell disappears in this stage this masala become like a ball and that stick to your ladle it laves the oil on sides.
- Now add water melon pieces and 1 cup water mix well and again cover with lid and cook till melon pieces are half done, this will take 10 min time check in between.
- when melon pieces are half cooked add pasta,cashew nuts, if required add ½ cup more water and cook for 5 more min.
- If you like thin gravy then add ½ cup more water mix well and bring to a boil
Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
My mom and dad enjoyed this as a curry with there roties, but I really enjoyed this as a 1 bowl meal because it includes pasta and vegetables. You can remove red chilli powder and ground masala to make it a mild soup like thing. Or you can add the ground masala in less quantity.
Can use any small variety pasta.