Apart from Indian food cakes are my all time favorite and that too Apple cake...With a cup of hot chocolate or green tea or black tea is a great combination. Baking is my hobby means I just love baking cakes and breads yeh…. cookies also but my husband doesn’t like cookies. Every time when I bake first I give a try and then second time I make some changes and if any mistakes clear them and then I post the recipe here. In the original recipe they didn’t add chopped apple to the batter but they top the cake with apple wedges, that wedges gave a juice and crunchy texture to the cake so when yester day I again bake this cake I added some chopped pieces in the batter too and this time the cake taste more delicious with crunchy apple pieces and nice cinnamon flavor. We just enjoyed the cake hope you all also like the recipe. Now let’s check the Apple cake recipe….
Un-salted butter --- 250g
Caster sugar --- 250g
Eggs ---- 4
Vanilla extract --- 1 tea sp (you can use ½ tea sp vanilla essence also)
Cooking apples --- 2 peeled, cored and cut in to wedges
Cooking apple --- 2 peeled, cored and chopped
Demerara sugar --- 2 tab sp
Cinnamon ground ---- ¼ tea sp
- Pre heat the oven at 180 c gas mark 4 for 10 min.
- Butter a 26cmx16cm tin then line the base with a baking paper
- Now in a big bowl beat the eggs it they become stiff and leave a side
- Then in a big mixing bowl beat butter and sugar till it turns fluffy.
- Now add beaten eggs to the butter and sugar mixture mix well to combine.
- Then add flour to the wet mixture and beat quickly to make a smooth batter.
- Add vanilla, chopped apple and mix well to combine.
- Now pour this batter in to the prepared tin and top with the apple wedges
- Sprinkle with the demerara sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 1 hour or till skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for few mins.Then release the tin and cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with a cup of green tea (with out sugar)
- I used self-rising flour you can use all-purpose flour with 1 teasp baking powder.
- I used green apples (total 4 apples) you can use any cooking apples you like.
- For me it took 1 hour to bake it depends on your oven if it is not finished in 1 hour then you can keep it for 5 min. more ... check with a skewer before you remove from the oven..