Milk ---- 1 ltr
Orange segments --- 1 cup
Orange zest ---- 1 tab sp
Rice flour or corn flour --- 2 tab sp
Milk ---- 1 tab sp to mix the flour
Cardamom powder --- 1 tea sp
Sugar ---- 4 tab sp or according to your taste
1. Boil the milk in a wide pan for 20 minutes, while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
3. Mix 1 tab sp milk with rice flour mix well and add this mixture to the boiling milk and cook for five more minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add sugar, cardamom powder mix well and cook in a medium heat for 2 more minutes and switch off the heat, let it cool completely.
5. Once the milk mixture is completely cooled then add orange segments and orange zest mix well.
Keep this orange kheer in the fridge to cool and serve chilled.
1. I used full cream milk you can substitute wit low fat milk
2. Using rice flour or corn flour to give the kheer thick texture
And orange zest will give a extra orange flavor to the kheer.
3. I gave 4 tab sp of sugar in the recipe you can substitute with sugar substitute or you can just skip the sugar, that also will taste great.
And one more thing is add orange segments after cool the milk mixture other wise milk will curdle so don't add orange segments when milk is hot.
Let's check the blogging marathon page Here