In many Indian recipes one of the main ingredient is Ginger garlic paste . so many of us generaly brought this from store but most of the times we make this at home also.but other then store brouht ginger garlic paste what we make at home will give a better taste and aroma to our curry.A must ingredient in every non-vegetarian recipes.Normaly we make this paste and store it in the fridge for 1 week so that we can use it when ever we need. to day let us see how I make and store ginger garlic paste for long time.
INGREDIENTS:----- Ginger -- 250 g.
Garlic --- 250g.
- Wash ginger peel a little skin(if you like with skin then no need to peel but that will give a brownish color to the paste)
- Peel garlic also and chop both garlic and ginger in to small pieces
- Now blend ginger and garlic in to a fine paste in a blender.
- Remove from the blender jar in to airtight container and store it in the fridge.
- If you want to store this for long time then add 1tea sp salt and 1 tea sp oil while grinding ginger and garlic.
- And then place 1 tea sp paste in each block of ice cubes try and place it in the deep freezer and leave it for over night to make ginger garlic cubes( that means at least 12- 15 hours)
- Then take out from the freezer and remove the cubes from try and place them in a container and again leave it in the freezer.
- When ever you want to use take out from the freezer before you start cooking
- This will stay fresh for 1 year with its original aroma.
- You can make Ginger and green chili paste also in the same way and store it in the freezer
1. when I place the try in the fridge I covered it with foil so that the strong smell of the g&g paste won't spread in the freezer.
2.@ Malar .. yes if you keep it in the fridge some times it changes the color but you do like this the color won,t change.