Rice pudding is a dessert made with rice and milk are found neary every area of the world.With different variations it is served as a poridge, dinner or dessert. When used as a dessert it is commonly served with sweetener.Recipe is almost the same in every country.The dessert is boild like Indian Kheer or payasam or baked like Sütlaç Turkish rice pudding.In France it is a creamy rice pudding cooked in both ways(boiling abd baked ways) with chopped fresh fruits and served as a dessert. Cooking method is almost same like Indian rice pudding only thing they use egg yolks, vanilla,cinnamon. It tasted really great with choped strawberrys.
RECIPE SOURCE :-- FAMOUS FRENCH DESSERTS
Milk --- 4 cups
Vanilla -- 1 pod (scrap the seeds) or 1 tea sp extract
Cinnamon -- a big pinch
Sugar -- 1/2 cup or according to your taste.
Arbirio rice -- 1 cup can use any other round short grain rice.
Unsalted butter -- 3 tab sp
Egg yolks - 2 egg yolks
Salt -- a pinch
1. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan add vanilla extract (cut the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds in to milk if you are using vanilla pod),salt a pinch and let the milk boil in a very low flame.
2. Now boil 4 cups of water add rice and cook till half done.
3. Remove the rice from hear and strain the water.
4. Add this half done rice to the boiling milk.
5. Cover and let it cook for 40 minuts in a very low heat keep string in between.
6.Add butter and stir well.
7.Add egg yolks one by one and stir well,add cinnamon mixwell and switch off the heat.
Serve warm or cild with chopped fruits like raisins,cherries,straberrys or any other fruits you like.
This delicious creamy rice pudding goes to priya's AWED-FRENCH event by DK OF CHEFINYOU