Nov 7, 2010

ATTA LADDU

Hi friends Iam back after a long break.This time Ihave taken realy a long break, Many things happened in my life. Moved in to a new country . Hope you all doing great and belated Diwali wishes to all of you. This recipe I wanted to post in my Diwali sweet series but I couldn't make it.Now I am going to start posting my recipes from today,hopefuly like how I use to post recipes before my break.The recipe is Atta laddu which I made for Diwali.

Photobucket


INGREDIENTS:---
Atta -- 1 cup(whole wheat flour)
Jaggery -- 3/4 cup or you can use sugar according to your taste
Ghee (clarified butter) --- 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder -- 1/2 tea sp
Cashew nuts -- 1/4 cup broken
Raisins -- 1/4 cup
METHOD:--

  • Make sugar powder if you are using sugar or grate jaggery.
  • Heat ghee in a pan fry broken cashew and risins till golden remove and leave a side.
  • Add wheat flour to the same ghee and fry till atta turns into light pink in color by the time you can smell the nice aroma.It takes about 10 minutes.
  • Now add fried cashew and raisins,cardamom powder mix well for a minute.
  • Add grated jaggery or powdered sugar stir for 5 more minutes anf switch off the flame.
  • Make golf ball size balls out of this wheat flour mixture when the mixture is still warm
  • This mouth-watering atta laddu will stay for 1 month
You can add sliced and fried almonds to this laddu

15 comments:

Rachana said...

Atta laddu looks so cute and yumm!

Priya said...

Cute looking laddooos, very tempting..Glad to see u back after a long Rekha, am soo happy dear..Waiting eagerly for ur next posts..

Kalyani said...

nice healthy laddooo.......

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

healthy laddu,perfect feast for the festival...luks amazing.

Sharmilee! :) said...

On my todo list for long...looks very tempting

Pavithra said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy I love all kinda ladoo and this one I love it.

jayasree said...

Welcome back, dear. Hope you have settled down in your new place.

Love these healthy laddus..

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Welcome back,I love this laddoo,very flavorful one! :)






Dr.Sameena Prathap
said...

Hey Rekha,

The ladoos look yummy...Love ladoos...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Sanjeeta kk said...

Healthy and lovely ladoos.

kanthi said...

Atta laddu looks fabulous..

Curry Leaf said...

Nice to have you back Rekha. Hope u are settled by now.I used to get bits of news abt u from Lubna.
The laddu is perfect.Hope you had a wonderful Diwali

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

love the atta laddoo. We call it Magaja ladoo and I too posted for last diwali!
ALl the Best with your move...

Nithya said...

Wow.. this is new and interesting :) looks delicious too :)will give it a try soon.

Cham said...

Glad to see u back, hope u re settled down! Sounds healthy ur ladoos, Wish you Happy Diwali!