Aug 3, 2015

Shrikhand Parfait

This month edition of Blogging Marathon already started ! But I am little late this month because of my health issues. This month I am doing two  weeks, I have to get ready with my mega BM recipes. My first week theme this month is No Bake Desserts! when I first saw this theme I was little confused why particularly no bake desserts!.. Because all our Indian desserts are no baked recipes,then I understood the challenge. :)
 photo p_1.jpg                                                                        When I was searching for the no baked dessert recipes the first thing I found is a Parfait recipe. This one is my kind of dessert because I like to have mango with curd and fruit yogurts are my all time favorite. Finally decided to give an Indian touch to this dessert, so I used shrikhand instead of cream you can use greek yogurt in the place of hung curd. Using chopped fruits makes this dessert more crunchy, but you can make a compote with berries or any other fruits. I like my dessert less sweet so I didn't make compote. You can make a layer with crushed oreo biscuits to give it a chocolate flavor. Because chocolate flavor makes a good pair with strawberry and curd....
                                                                    

So let's check the recipe....
INGREDIENTS:---
Hung curd ---   1 cup
Powdered sugar  ---  1 and half tabsp
Vanilla essence --  1/2 tea sp
Almonds  ---  1 tab sp chopped
Muesli  ----   1/2 cup
Strawberries  ---  1/2 cup chopped
Blueberries  ---  1/2 cup (I used frozen)
METHOD:--
1. Mix hung curd, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and whisk for two minutes, leave this shrikhand in the fridge for one hour.
2. Now layer the dessert glass with alternate layers of chopped fruits, muesli and shrikhnd.
3. Start the layers with chopped fruits and finish with shrikhand and top with chopped fruits.
Chill it in the fridge at least for two hours before serve.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#55

8 comments:

Unknown said...

that is soooo irresistible!!! am drooling here...

kitchen queen said...

yummy lip smacking dish.

Sneha's Recipe said...

Inviting and delicious parfait.

Pavani said...

What a colorful and delicious looking parfait. Love your shrikhand twist too :-)

Harini R said...

Love it. This has become our chosen breakfast this summer!!

praba said...

drool worthy parafait..layers are soo beautiful..

Sowmya :) said...

This looks very tempting. What a lovely idea to combine shrikhand and parfait!

Srivalli said...

The layer looks so inviting Padma..very nicely done!