Another week and final week for this month BM and my theme for this week is bhurjis. And next month we are going to run a full month Marathon. Coming to this week theme Bhurji is a easy to make recipe. When we say Bhurji the first thing will come to our thought is egg bhurji or paneer bhurji. But we can make a few verities of bhurji's that we can serve with roties are rice or we can stuff with bread toast. So here is my first recipe for my Bhurji theme Is a Soya Bhrji.
You can add any finely chopped vegetables like capsicum, cauliflower, cabbage, grared carrot to this soya bhurji. even some finely chopped spinach will make this Soya Bhurji more healthy.
Masala oats gave a bit masala flavor and binding to this soya bhurji ..
So let's check the recipe....
Soya granules ---- 1 cup
Masala oats ---- one small pack or 3 tab sps
Onion --- one big finely chopped
Tomato --- one big cut in to small cubes
Ginger ---- 1/2 inch piece finely chopped
Garlic cloves --- 5 finely chopped
Green chilli --- 3 finely chipped
Lemon juice --- 2 tea sp
chopped coriander leaves --- 1 tab sp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder --- 1/4 tea sp
Red chilli powder -- 1/2 tea sp
Garam masala --- 1/2 tea sp
Oil --- 1 tab sp
1. Take four cups water in a pan add 1/2 tea sp salt and soya granules mix well and boil for five minutes.
2. Switch off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes, then drian water and squeeze the extra water and set a side.
3. Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion and fry till soft,add chopped green chillies, chopped ginger, chopped garlic and 3/4 of tomato cubes mix well.
4. Add soya granules,salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well and sprinkle two tab sp of water cover and cook in a very low heat for five minutes, stir in between.
5. Now add masala oats mix well and cook for 5 more minutes, then add garam masala, chopped coriander, remaining tomato cubes, lemon juice mix well and switch off the heat.
Serve hot with roti or stuff in a bread toast, this will be a good side dish with rasam rice....
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#62