We have started another week of our trip to around the world in 30 days. Today we reached Mexico for letter M. I wanted to post a Moroccan recipe for today but most of the recipes I have posted last two weeks are from Asian and African cuisines. I wanted to change so that my choice for M is Mexican cuisine.
Mexican cuisine is one of the most popular and authentic cuisine. Basic Mexican cuisine remain it's staples native foods like corn, beans, chilli peppers. Later Europeans introduce a large number of meats, dairy products, herbs and spices. But still the techniques and traditions of Mexican cuisine didn't change. Like Mexican cuisine has been considered to be very spicy, and ingredients what they use are specially Mexican. There are many wonderful dishes dishes in this cuisine Like tacos, burritos, fajitas, and many more like this.
Today I am going to post a delicious recipe from Mexican cuisine that is Quesadilla.
Quesadilla is a Mexican street food which contain a tortilla whether it is a corn or wheat tortilla filled with a savory mixture. The mixture for the quesadilla contain cheese, vegetables and meat and fold in to half moon shape and toasted. This quesadillas are normally served with guacamole, chopped onion, tomato or with salsa
So let's check the recipe...
recipe adopted from HEREINGREDIENTS:---
Spring onions --- 5 Finely chopped
Tomatoes --- 1 big diced
Green bell pepper --- 1 medium diced
Red bell pepper ---- 1/2 diced
Mushroom ---- 200 gms diced
Corn fresh or frozen --- 1 and half cup
Garlic ---- 5 cloves finely chopped
Red chilli flakes --- 1 tea sp
Jalapeno pepper --- 1 chopped or pickled pepper 5 to 6 pieces chopped
Salt to taste
Oil -- 1 tab sp
Tortillas --- 4
Mild Cheddar cheese ---- 1 and half cup grated
Olive oil for roasting --- 1 tab sp
1. Heat oil in a pan add chopped garlic, onion (white part) and saute for a while and add mushroom, fry for 5 minutes.
2. Now add bell peppers and cook for 3 more minutes
3. Add tomato, corn, jalapeno pepper, red chilli flakes, salt to taste stir well and cook till vegetables are half way cooked.
4. Add spring onion green part mix well and remove from fire and set a side.
Now the quesadilla filling is ready.
5. Now heat a pan(flat pan/ dosa pan) roast the tortilla one side till brown.
6. Remove from pan and sprinkle some cheese on the roasted side half of the tortilla and place the vegetable mixture on top of cheese.
7. Now fold the quesadilla in to half to make a semi circle.
8. Sprinkle a little bit olive oil on the pan and place the quesadilla and roast on a medium heat till it turn in to nice golden color.
9. Flip the other side and fry till golden remove from the pan and cut in to triangle
Serve with Guacamole or tomato salsa.