Starting this month second week with some easy to make dinner recipes. Usually I prefer my dinner light like idli, roti, dosa, upma but not rice,I will finish my dinner by 7:30 to 8. These ragi carrot idli's are easy to make and perfect for dinner if you serve with a pickle or chutney. Can serve this ragi idli's with sambar but that will become a bit heavy. If you want to pair this idli with sambar then it will be a perfect and healthy breakfast.
I have added grated carrot now but you can add finely chipped any vegetables. Like finely chopped cabbage, grated beetroot, green peas, finely chopped french beans. Any vegetables like this or you can add mixed vegetables and make this healthy idlis more interesting.
Ragi flour ---- 1 cup
Semolina(upma rava) --- 1 cup
Grated carrot --- 1 cup
Ghee --- 1 tab sp
Yogurt (curd) --- 1 cip
Water --- 3/4 cup
Eno (fruit salt) --- 1/2 tea sp
Cooking soda --- a big pinch
Finaly chopped coriander leaves --- 1 tab sp for garnishing.
1. Heat ghee in a pan add semolina and roast it for two to three minutes then add ragi flour, give a good stir and switch off the heat.
2. Add cooking soda to curd mix well and add this curd mixture, grated carrot, salt to taste to semolina and ragi flour and leave a side for two minutes.
3. After two minutes add little by little water and mix well to make a idli batter consistency.
4. In the meanwhile grease idl molds with little ghee or oil and place a little chopped coriander leaves in each mold.
5. Add eno to the batter and mix gently to combine every thing well don't over mix.
6. Pour the ragi carrot idli batter in idli molds and steam cook for 8 to 10 minutes
Serve this healthy ragi carrot idli's with any spicy chutney. I served with tomato chutney
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#72