Mar 7, 2011

Vangi Bath

Vangibath is one of the favorite break fast at my mothers place.Amma use to make this for our lunch box.How and from where she learnt this even she don't know.But she is making this mouth watering vangibath from more then 30 years.Till to day the flavour and texture didn't change I think that is experience.when ever I have this in my lunch box my friends flock and finish within seconds finally I use ate there lunch box in the college.I can eat this any time in the day and I don't want any side dish for this just with sliced onion and some curd.But Amma use to serve this with boiled egg and onion raitha. So here is the recipe from my mother, my favourite VangiBath.


Photobucket

INGREDIENTS:---
Rice -- 2 cups

Brinjal --- 250 gm.
Potatoes --- 2 medium
Oil -- 1 tab sp
Salt -- 1 tea sp
Ghee -- 1 tea sp
For masala :--
Cinnamon -- 1 inch stick
Cloves --- 4
Poppy seeds -- 2 tea sp
Red chillies --- 6-8 or according to your taste
MRTHOD:---
1. Spak rice in 4 cups waterfor 1/2 hour and cook till done.
2.Spread the rice in wide plate to cool.
3.Fry all ingredients for masala in a frying pan with a drop of oil for.First fry red chillies for 1 minute remove and keep a side then fry other ingredients in alow flame for 2 minutes remove and let it cool
4. Grind masala ingredients in to corse powder and keep a side.
5. Now peel potato and cut in to 1 inch cubes
6. Heat oil in a fring pan add potato pieces with a pinch of salt cover and cook in a low heat stir in between
7. In the meanwhile cut brinjal in to 1 inch pieces and add brinjal pieces to potato pieces sprinkle 1/4 tea sp salt cover and cook in a low flame, stir in between.
8.cook potato and brinjal pieces till tender, colden in color.Remove the lid add half masala powder give a nice stir,cook for a few seconds.
9.Add cooked rice,remaining salt,remaining masala powder,ghee cover and switch off the heat and leave it like that till you serve.
10. Just before serving mix well to combine every thing well serve with sliced onion and boild egg.
30 Minutes Meals:Priya Mahadavan, Pavani,
Seven Days of Salad: lla, Divya Vikram,
For Ongoing 7 Events: Priya Suresh, Suma Gandlur, Harini
Kids Friendly: Vatsala, Kamalika, Jay
Seven Days of Rice: Veena Krishnakumar, Priya Vaasu, Padma Rekha,

24 comments:

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Vangi bhath looks lovely,yum yum..

KrithisKitchen said...

This is one yummy-tasty one-pot meal.. Lovely..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com

MySpicyKitchen said...

Looks delicious! I never tasted vangi bath but have heard a lot about it. I think it is about time I give it a try

Harini said...

hmmm.. Another version of vangibath for me to try of course minus brinjal (as I am allergic to it)

Unknown said...

Looks Very Delicious:)

Ila said...

Yummy vangibath :) tempting :)

kitchen queen said...

droolworthy and yummilicious rice.

Priya Suresh said...

Mom's dishes always rocks, vangi bath tempts me a lot..

Unknown said...

My fav rice,can have with any raitha.

Unknown said...

i love vangi bath tooo....this looks very tempting!
Smitha
Smitha's Spicy Flavors

Suma Gandlur said...

Love this bhath!

Unknown said...

WOW that looks SO yum - it is one of my most favorite mixed rices :)

Cham said...

I love Vngi bath, looks perfect ur rie!

Unknown said...

Not a fan of brinjals but like this rice skipping the brinjals :) Pass on that bowl

Kannada Cuisine said...

I luv luv luv Vangibath.. but we do not use potatoes in it :) and our masala is also a little more elaborate :(

Jayashree said...

Mothers' recipes are the best, aren't they?

chef and her kitchen said...

I love vangi bath,it is regular at home and for lunch boxes .:)

Chitra said...

I love vangi bath but can try nowadays ..u made me drooll :)

Unknown said...

That bowl of rice looks tangy and delicious.

Srivalli said...

Love Vangi bath padma..looks tempting!

Abhilash Pillai said...

never had one before... would love to try.

Usha said...

Simple and delicious, this one is a must try :-)

Oriyarasoi said...

Delicious Vangi bath recipe!!! My roomie was the queen of all types of Vangi bath.....but i never learnt to make it!!!!

Thanks for posting!!

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Yet to try this delicious flavorful rice!!! have some awards waiting for you in my space!!! pls collect them!!!