Jeedipappu pakam yes this is the same sweet that we buy from G. Pulla Reddy sweet shop s in Andhra Pradesh. This one is a hot favorite in every Andhra home. At my place we all just love this sweet. And here is the recipe…..
Cashew nuts --- 1 cup
Jaggery --- 1/2 cup grated
Sugar --- 1/2 cup
Water --- 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder --- 1 tea sp
1. In a heavy bottom pan combine sugar, jaggery, water and boil till jagger and sugar dissolves in to water.
2. Now remove from the heat and strain this syrup in to another heavy bottom pan (this processes is to remove any stones or and dart from the jaggery and sugar).
3. Now bring back this syrup to the heat and bring to a full boil now you can see lot of bubbling and rising to the surface stir continually and cook till when you drop a bit of this syrup in to cold water it will solidify like a ball.
4. When syrup reaches this stage immediately add cashew nuts and cardamom powder and stir constantly for a few min. and remove from the heat
5. And immediately pour this in to a greased plate or try.
6. When it is hot, make lines with a knife and leave it to cool.
7. When cooled break this in to pieces.
Store them in a airtight container.
This is my entry for LET'S GO NUTS - CASHEW NUTS event hosted by Poornima of Tasty Treats event started by Aquadaze .