Halwas or rava kesari are one of the favorite sweet in Indian cuisine. Normaly we make with maida or wheat flour or some times with rava. We use lot's of ghee in making halwa. In that list of halwas this one is a healthy version with less ghee. Insted of samolina or maida I used wheat rava(you can use broken wheat also for this) and also a easy way to make a dessert with in few minutes.
Wheat rava (bansi rava, samba rava) --- 1 cup
Sugar ---- 1 cup
Water ---- 1 cup
Milk ---- 1 cup
Ghee --- 3 tea sp
Cashew nuts --- 15
Raisins --- 15
1. Heat 1 tea sp ghee in a Preassure cooker, fry cashew nuts till golden remove and set a side.
2. Now fry raisins in the same ghee till golden remove and set a side.
3. Now add samba rava to the same ghee and fry till nice aroma comes out and rava coats well with ghee.
That should look like in the above picture.
4. Now add 1 cup sugar, keep the heat very low.
5. Now immediately pour milk and water give a good stir.
6. Close with cooker lid place the whistle and cook for two whistles in a low heat.
7. After two whistles switch off the heat and let it cool for some time. When you open the lid it look like this in the above picture.
8. Now again bring back to heat, keep the flame in medium, add remaining two spoons ghee.
9. Add 1/2 tea sp cardamom powder.
This is my second recipe with the theme of Pressure cooker recipes for blogging marathon 22 nd edition at Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page .