Dec 5, 2014

Banana Bread (with eggs)

I always bake Banana bread with out eggs, Because I know that mashed ripe banana will act like egg re placer. So no need of adding any eggs in the recipe and I never thought of adding eggs to a fruit based recipe. I don't know some how I am not accepting to mix  a fruit pure with egg. That is my sister she always bake these banana breads with eggs. She use to tell, try that and you will find a better texture and taste. I use to ask her for the recipe every time I will get one answer I don't have any perfect recipe I just add the ingredients like that. I don't know how she makes just like that. Specially baking measurements are most important when ever I bake I just follow the recipe. Other wise the final product will come out like a stone or like a halwa or some thing else. 
                                                                            I don't like ripe bananas not even ripe if I find a black dot on them then I don't eat as a fruit, but I use them in cooking. Again I don't like ripe bananas in fruit salads and fruit custard, I don't know I really heat that smell. If it is a very ripe banana also when you mix it with cake or bread ingredients that smell will disappear!!! 
                                                                           Before I used to make Mangalore buns with ripe bananas are they are going to trash when they are over ripe. After I found this Banana bread recipe with eggs or with out eggs There is now wastage of banana...
                                                     
                                                            
                                                                 
 Let's check the recipe...
Recipe adopted from here   
INGREDIENTS:---
All purpose flour  ---  1 3/4 cup
Baking soda  ---  1 and half tea sp
Salt   ----   3/4 tea sp
Eggs  ----  3 large
Sugar   -----   1 and half cups
Mashed ripe bananas  --  1 cup that is two large bananas (I used long yellow bananas)
Vegetable oil   ----  3/4 cup
METHOD:---
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda,salt in a mixing bowl to combine well.
3. Whisk Eggs, mashed banana, oil in a large bowl till smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and just mix till combine well (don't over mix).
5. Pour the batter in to greased tins and smooth on top.
6. Bake this banana bread tins in a preheated oven for 60 minutes or till done insert the tooth pic and check if the tooth pic comes out clean you r banana bread is ready other wise you can keep it in the oven for few more minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool it on a wire rack then cut in to slices
You can enjoy this banana bread as it is or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a banana bread slice and garnish with chopped nuts and chocolate sauce serve it as a dessert yumm right?

Bake-a-thon 2014

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow banana bread looks so soft and spongy

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Nice delicious way to use up ripen banana's!!! We sometimes keep banana's to that stage to make a cake/bread!!! :)

Sneha's Recipe said...

A delicious banana bread moist and perfectly baked.

kitchen queen said...

yummy tempting bread.

Priya Suresh said...

I love this bread very much, i do keep bananas aside just to make this bread, love it that much.

Pavani said...

Love banana bread with or without eggs. Yours looks moist and delicious.

Usha said...

I do not know if my last comment was posted. If it was, please delete this.

I don't like bananas but am trying to include it in my bakes. I too have a banana bread recipe which I want to try very soon. Your bread loooks great

Srivalli said...

The bread has surely turned out great..Since I don't eat eggs, I can't say if the texture becomes more softer or not, though hubby dear keeps asking for one..this one surely looks great Padma

Padmajha said...

Love bananas in breads. Good one Padma...

veena said...

I have always baked without eggs. This looks very soft