A light green leafy vegetable with little bitter taste and gives a wonderfull aroma all over in your house when you cook with dall or any other vegetable like potato or indian droad beans or you mix it with paratha dough.This aromatic leafy vegetable is a oldest and power full medicinal herb in India wich contains lots of iron and also enriched with minerals like calcium, potassium, rich in C vitamin and K vitamin.According to ayurveda fenugreek leaves are cooling agent, when you soak some leaves in a glass of water for over night and gargle in the morning it prevents mouth ulcers. protect againest cancer and lowring type1 and type 2 diabetes.Consumption of fenugreek leaves helps in digestion abilities and iron deficiency. So try to add this healthy leafy vegetable in your diet at least 2 times a week.
By fresh looking leaves the fresh leaves looks light green color and make sure there are no holes and white lines on the leaves
Wash the fresh leaves under running water for 3-4 times to remove dirt and soil.
Renmove from water and spread the leaves on a kitchen towle for 10 min. then chopp them and use in the cooking.
Now comming to the today s recipe. MENTHI KURA CHIKKUDUKAYA KURA(FENUGREEK LEAVES WITH INDIAN BROAD BEANS) and here is the recipe....
Fenugreek leaves -- 1 big bundle or 2 cups chopped(washed and chopped finely)
Indian broad beans--- 250gms cut in to 1/2 inch pieces
Onion --- 1 big finely chopped
Green chilies -- 2 chopped
Ginger and green chilli paste -- 1 tea sp
Oil -- 1 tab sp
Mustard seeds -- 1 tea sp
Urad dal(split black gram) -- 1 tea sp
Cumin seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Dry red chilies --- 2 broken
Turmeric powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Salt -- 1&1/4 tea sp or to taste
Red chilli powder -- 1/4 tea sp
- Clean, wash and chopp fenugreek leaves
- Tear, open and check Indian broad beans if there are any insects in side and cut in to 1/2 inch pieces and leave a side
- Peal and chopp onion very finely and cut green chilies in to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them popup then add urad dal, cumin seeds and broken dry red chilies and let them fry till nice golden color.
- Now add chopped onion and green chilies and fry till onion become transparent.
- Then add ginger and green chili paste, Indian broad bean pieces, salt, turmeric powder mix well and add 1/2 cup water cover with a lid and cook till Indian broad beans are cooked this will take 10 min. time in a low flame or you can cook till all the water is evaporated.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves, red chili powder mix well and sprinkle 1 tab sp water cover with a lid and cook in a low flame, stir in between till it became semidry curry.
- You can add 200gms of chopped eggplant pieces also to this curry when you add Indian broad bean pieces for adifferent taste.