Aug 5, 2012

Instent pala kova -- Doodh Peda - Milk Fudge

Two days back when I was talking to my sister That time she is making Pala kova for a party. She told me that she can make them in 5 to 7 minutes in a microwave. I thought she was talking about the original recipe how we make pala kova by boiling the milk for long time. Normally I make pala kova(peda) by evaporating the milk in a low heat for long time.  And I know that some recipes what we cook for long time on a stove top. They will take very short time in microwave. But some reasons I don't like to use microwave oven in my cooking. It is good but some how I don't like microwave cooking, That is my opinion.
                                                       Any way coming to the recipe, This is very easy to make. I use the recipe what my sister has given to me. But I cooked it on stove top, That take few more minutes extra time. If you have condensed milk and milk powder in hand we can make delicious Pala kova (Doodh Peda) in just 10 minutes. Only time taking job in this recipe is chopping the nuts. No need of adding sugar in this because we are using condensed milk which is sweetened. If you want your peda more sweet then you can add how much sugar you want that is your choice. I used cardamom to give flavor to this you can add any other flavoring agents like saffron. I made this pedas for Rakhi  they are really just melting in mouth. A big Thanks to my sister. Thank you Radha for this delicious recipe, we really enjoyed them. I am again going to make them for friendship day.. Ok let's check the recipe.........
palkova
INGREDIENTS:--
Condensed milk   --- 1 tin that is 400gms
Milk powder  ---- 1 and half cup
Butter   -----   100 gms
Cardamom powder  --- 1 te asp
Nuts  --- 1 tab sp choped you can use any nuts like almonds, pistachios or cashewnuts or you can top with a half cherry too.
Lets check how to make this:----
1. Melt butter in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add condensed milk and milk powder to the melted butter, cook in a low heat, stir continuously.
3. With in 7 minutes it starts become like a thick paste keep on string add cardamom powder mix well.
4. After 3 minutes you can see the milk powder and condensed milk mixture will become like a soft ball.
5. Now switch off the heat, add chopped nut if you are using mix well.
6. Let it cool till you can handle  to make small balls out of this peda mixture.
7. Now grease your fingers with little ghee and make small balls out of the peda mixture.
You can give them a shape in chocolate making try or with a cookie cutter and decorate them with any nuts of your choice.
Giving a shape and using nut s in this is totally your choice and your creativity.
Preparing and cooking time is 20 minutes and this mesurment will yield 24 pieces.

24 comments:

Srivalli said...

That design on top looks so cute Padma

Priya dharshini said...

Interesting recipe..Perfect pedas..

Unknown said...

wow.. looks really awesome..thanks for sharing..

vaishali sabnani said...

Padma I must say that's quick one. These look so Attractive and delicious.must try this wonderful recipe .thanks to u and u r sister.

chef and her kitchen said...

wow..that peda looks really delicious..loved that floral shape..

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Lovely and splendid...
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

cute and attractive :)

Sowmya Karthy said...

those pedas are too cute....

Sowmya
http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in/

virunthu unna vaanga said...

wow... looks superb... love it...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Padmajha said...

Looks so cute!

Shama Nagarajan said...

delicious dear!! inviting you tp join Fast food- Noodles http://www.easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/re-announcing-fast-food-event-series.html

Raks said...

looks perfect!wish t o try this out for diwali

Priya Suresh said...

Those pedas looks damn cute and prefectly made.

Indian Khana said...

Yum ...looks so delish

sushma said...

Yummy kova

AJ said...

Delicious! I made the same yesterday! Will post shortly!!

Pavani said...

Doodh Pedas look awesome. Love their cute shape too.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

looks perfect and yummy:)

Chef Mireille said...

I love peda but have never tried to make it myself...these look perfect

Harini R said...

the design looks so pretty!

Lakshmi said...

Perfect Pedas Rekha. Do you have moulds to shape them in that way? They look absolutely yummy!

Santhi said...

Yummy...
what does 1 cup equivalent to grams?
I wanna prepare this...
please

Unknown said...

Hi Santhi Thanks for your comment
1 cup = 100 gms milk powder.

Anonymous said...

doooooooodh peda....yummy yummy yummy...one for me and ten for my brother :P Gautam and Vaishnav