Aug 11, 2012

Parsley And Onion Paratha

As I mention in my last post I have to post a Indian bread recipe with greens because i have chosen the theme cooking with greens. I have easily choose my first recipe rice with greens and for the second recipe Indian bread with greens. What to do because I have already posted Palak paratha. methi paratha, and some other parathas with greens. Last Sunday when I went for my weekly vegetable shopping. I saw some fresh parsley I picked a bundle to make pesto.
pa.parathas                                      When I am cutting parsley to make pesto hummm wow that flavor wonderful. Suddenly I got this idea of making paratha with chopped parsley. But first I thought of making Akki roti  with Parsley but some how I changed that to wheat flour paratha for  today. These parsley Parathas are so flavor full and little spicy with finely chopped green chillies. If you don't like them spicy the just remove chillies from the list. If like you can add chopped garlic but I think garlic flavor will dominate the parsley flavor. Adding other ingredients like green chillies  and onion is your choice but parsley is the main ingredient in this recipe. So let's check the recipe.
paesley INGREDIENTS:--
Parsley --- 1/2 cup finely choped
Onion -- 1 small finely choped
Green chillies ---  2 finely choped
Wheat flour  ---- 1 and half cup
Salt   ------  1/2 tea sp
Oil for frying parathas.

METHOD:---
1. Take all above ingredients in to mixing bowl exept oil.
2. Add 1 cup water and knead a stiff dough. Make sure this bough should be little stiff then normal paratha dough, because when you knead the dough with choped onion and parsley ooze their juices so that after 5 minutes this dough become soft.
So take care when you add water, add little by little and knead a stiff dough and set a side for 5 minutes.
3. Make six portions out of this dough and shape them in to round balls.
4. Dust this wheat dough balls with little dry wheat flour and press them in to circles
5. Heat a tawa apply little oil place the parsley paratha on the tawa fry both sides,sprinkle a tea spoon of oil both sides and fry till golden.
Remove the parsley and onion Paratha from tawa and serve hot with any curry, curd and pickle.
I served them with ridge gourd curry.
This is my  second recipe with the theme of Cooking with greens for blogging marathon 19 th edition at Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page

13 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Thats a wonderful idea..the parathas naturally must be flavorful..like the pics too..

kitchen queen said...

Yummy combo paratha.

Srivalli said...

Looks great Padma, I am yet to find parsley in my area..will look out for this!

virunthu unna vaanga said...

healthy paratha...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

The Pumpkin Farm said...

such a delicious looking paratha with such less fuss

preeti garg said...

Awesome...


ONGOING EVENT- "JASHN-E-AZAADI"
Preeti's Kitchen Life
Preeti's Kitchen Menu

Sowmya Karthy said...

a lot of flavor.. yumm

Sowmya
http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in/

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice recipe...rush your entries for Fast food Event - Noodles

divyagcp said...

Nice and interesting stuffing for the paratha... Delicious.

Divya A said...

Nice and flavorful recipe :)
Today's Recipe - Carrot Beans Stir-Fry / Carrot Beans Poriyal
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

Pavani said...

Parsley in parathas -- east meets west, great combo. Nice clicks.

Priya Suresh said...

Super flavourful parathas, wat a fantastic presentation Padma..

Chef Mireille said...

beautiful photos and perfect looking parathas