How many of you like to have peas pulao for any time. I like to have peas pulao but not with dried green peas. But we don't get fresh peas throughout the year, Some times we get them but the price will be expensive. So try to buy fresh peas in the season and freeze them and store in the freezer like this they will stay for long time (one year for sure). Easy to use and much cheaper and better the ready to use frozen peas what we get in the market. I brought some five kgs of fresh peas, when they are in season and in better price, done the process and store them in the freezer. So that I can use when ever I want, In this process they retain their sweet taste and tender texture and very easy to cook . So lets check how I store my fresh peas for year..
1. Peel and take the green peas in a bowl, wash green peas in cold running water and set a side.
2. Take a big pan and fill 3/4 pan with water and heat the water till boiling stage means bring to a full boil.
3. Now pour the green peas in to the hot boiling water and leave it like that for 2 minutes then switch off the heat
4. By that time you can see the green peas rising to the top.
5. Keep one more bowl of water with ice ready (take a bowl of water and add some ice cubes in to that and keep it ready) so that water should be ice cold.
6.Strain green peas from hot water and immediately pour them in to ice cold water. So that cooking process will stop and the bright green color of the peas will retain.
7. After few seconds take out the green peas from ice cold water and spread them on a kitchen towel.
8. Pat dry the processed fresh green peas on a kitchen towel for few hours. Make sure that there is no moisture on the green peas.
You can do the same process with fresh pigeon peas, green chick peas, and fresh field beans.
You can see one more packet in the above picture that is fresh pigeon peas which I brought from Ahmadabad and some green chick peas also I brought from there that also processed and gone in to the freezer.
This is my first post for Blogging Marathon 27th edition under Crafts/ Misc theme let's check other BM members recipes here