My second recipe under Festival Special for this week is Vam Poosa. Vam poosa is version of sev in Andhra pradesh. This version of sev is little different then normal sev what we use in chat. sev is made with only besan and make with small holes. Vam poosa is made with a mixture of besan and rice flour and flavored with vamu (ajwain). These are little thick then sev and can not use in chat. We don't use red chilli powder in this recipe, in the place of red chilli powder we use crushed black pepper and lot's of vamu so that the name came to this as vam poosa..
Let's check the recipe...
Chick pea flour (besan, gram flour) ---- 2 cups
Rice flour ---- 1 cup
Oil ----- 2 tab sp
Salt ---- 1 and half tea sp
Vamu (ajwain) --- 2 tea sp(course ground)
Black pepper ---- 1 tea sp (course ground)
Water ---- 1 and half cup
Oil for deep frying
1. Take gram flour, rice flour, salt, ground ajwain, ground black pepper mix well.
2. Heat 2 tab sp oil in a pan till smoking point, add this hot oil to flour mixture and mix with a spoon to combine well.Take care don't use your hand because oil in very hot.
3. Now add water little by little and make a soft dough. Now mix well with your hand to make a soft dough, don't over mix just mix till you can make a soft dough.
4. Set a muruku press with round medium holes plate in muruku press. in the same time heat oil in adeep frying pan to fry vam poosa
5. Place the dough in muruku press and press the dough in to hot oil to form circles.
6. Fry in a medium heat till golden remove from oil , drain the oil and let them cool.
Store in a airtight container.
Vam poosa is abest combination with coffee or tea and also with sambar rice and rasam rice...
Let's check Blogging Marathon page