Paneer Tikka is a vegetarian alternate to meat tandoor snacks. Tikka is a dish which is cooked on a tandoor, but you can always make a tikka recipe on stove top. I tried to make it in my OTG but some how I felt the paneer was not properly cooked and didn't get that smokey flavor. When I tried it on tawa that taste almost like the tandoori tikka, of course not a perfect tandoor flavor but you can enjoy the paneer tikkas at home.
I am not a big fan of paneer may be because of it's bland taste. But like this spicy dishes I can enjoy any time. This paneer tikka recipe is a different one then other recipes. I made the marinate according to our taste. I used red chilli, ginger garlic paste, soak dry red chillies and grind with ginger and garlic to give fresh and spicy flavor. If you felt that it will be spicy then avoid dry red chillies and add just ginger garlic paste and a half tea sp of red chilli powder or you can avoid red chilli powder also and add only ginger garlic paste. Any way we are going to add green chutney, there will be green chillis in green chutney that spice will give a mild spicy flavor to your tikka.
I made a mint raita to go with this tikka, grind 1 cup of mint leaves, 1/4 cup of coriander leaves, few garlic cloves and two green chillis in to a coarse paste add salt to taste and mix with yogurt. this mint raita will be a good combination with any tikka, stuffed parathas, tikkis and you can serve this raita just with a masala papad.
So now lets check the recipe.........
Paneer --- 250 grams
Capsicum ---- 2 big
Tomato --- 2 big
Onion --- 1 big
Green chutney --- 2 tab sp
Ginger, garlic, red chilli paste --- 1 tab sp
Curd ---- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Chat masala --- 1 tea sp
1. Cut paneer in to cubes, cut capsicum, tomato and onion in to cubes.
2. Whisk curd till smooth and add green chutney, ginger, garlic, red chilli paste, chat masala, salt to taste mix well.
3. Add paneer cubes to the curd mixture mix well to marinate the paneer pieces,set a side at least for half an hour (if possible leave this marinated paneer pieces in fridge for over night).
4. Heat a tawa sprinkle little oil, take paneer pieces from the marination and place them on the tawa and roast both side till golden.
5. In the mean while add tomato, capsicum and onion pieces to the left over marination mix well to coat.
6. Place the marinated vegetable pieces on the tawa and roast both sides.
7. Remove the paneer and vegetable pieces from the pan and arrange them on a satay stick and again place them on a hot tawa, sprinkle little oil on top and cook on a medium heat all sides till golden.
Serve with mint raita or green chutney....
Add paneer cubes to the curd mixture mix well to marinate the paneer pieces,
add tomato, capsicum and onion pieces to the left over marination mix well to coat.
Heat a tawa sprinkle little oil, take paneer pieces from the marination and place them on the tawa and roast both side till golden.
Place the marinated vegetable pieces on the tawa and roast both sides.
Serve with mint raita or green chutney and salad..
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#71