My second recipe for Make a meal theme is a side dish. This is a side dish you can serve with rice or noodles. You can make this chilli paneer with gravy or you can make it as a dry dish both will work as a side dish. Is there any original recipe for this chilli paneer I didn't check. But there are many versions for this recipe, I think it's a fusion recipe and I gave few my own touches to the recipe. I made fried rice with fresh green garlic with this Chilli paneer to make it a meal.
Paneer --- 250 grams
Capsicum --- 2 big cut in to cubes
Ginger --- 1 inch piece chopped
Green chillies --- 5 finely chopped
Spring onion --- 1 cup chopped
Onion --- 1 big cut in to cubes
Corn flour --- 1/4 cup
All purpose flour (maida) ---- 2 tab sp
Pepper powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Ginger and green chilli paste --- 1 tea sp
Sweet chilli sauce --- 1 tab sp
Hot and sweet tomato sauce --- 1 tab sp
Oil for frying paneer pieces
1. Cut paneer in to one inch long cubes sprinkle pepper powder, a pinch of salt 1/4 tea sp of ginger and green chilli paste mix well to coat the spices.
2. Add corn flour and 1 tab sp all purpose flour sprinkle little water mix well and set a side.
3. Spread remaining all purpose flour in a plate, take paneer pieces and roll them on dry flour and set a side.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and slowly drop paneer pieces in to the hot oil and fry till golden in a medium heat. Don't fry paneer pieces for long time paneer will turn hard. Remove from oil set a side.
6. Add onion and capsicum cubes give a good stir, add 1/2 chopped spring onion mix well.
7. Now add ginger and green chilli paste, sweet chilli sauce, hot and sweet tomato sauce quickly give a good stir.
8. Add fried paneer pieces quickly give a good stir, mix well to combine every thing.
Remove from fire sprinkle with remaining chopped spring onion and serve with fried rice or noodles.
If you want to make this with gravy then mix one tea sp corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add this corn flour water at the end mix well and remove from fire.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#71