Oats........ normally we use oats as a cereal for breakfast which is very good for health. they contains a very high quantity of soluble fiber, it reduce bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Generally oats considered as a health food because of its fiber. This healthy grain is nearly equivalent in quantity to soy protein and also equal to meat and egg protein. When I was searching for Swiss recipes for AWED- Swiss, I find this recipe from here. Normally I have oats with milk and fruits but here it is a soup with potato which is taste great and they says this is traditional recipe from Swiss. In this traditional recipe they use only potato but I think we can use carrot and fresh peas also that may make this more like a full meal any way will try that next time. And here I go with the recipe for SWISS OATMEAL SOUP
Oatmeal --- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Butter – 2 tab sp
Water --- 6 cups
Potatoes --- 2 peeled and cut in to slices
Grated Swiss or emmenthaler cheese – 1/2 cup
Nutmeg – 1 dash (optional)
1. Fry oatmeal with half butter till golden and then add water bring to a full boil and reduce the flame and cook in a low flame till oatmeal become like gruel (ganji).
2. Now add the slice potato and cook till potatoes are tender.
3. Now add remaining butter and grated cheese, nutmeg
4. If you fell it looks little thick then you can add required hot water to the soup.
5. This soup it self is a full meal so I think no need to serve any bread with this if you like you can serve with any bread you like.
This soup goes to A.W.E.D -SWITZERLAND AT CURRY LEAF S Experiments,Emotions,Experiences with food EVENT BY DK OF CHEF IN YOU