Coconut …… We Indians believe and use coconut in many auspicious occasions and cooking too. In South Indian cooking we use coconut a lot as chutneys, or as a masala for gravy s. coconut well known as naarikela fhalam in sanskit and naariyal in hindi, Kobbari kaya in Telugu is high in fiber and saturated fatty acids. And also very rich in B vitamin and Iron too. We make many sweets with coconut in that list this coconut burfi is one of my all time favorite.and here I go with the recipe…….
Coconut --- 2 cup
Sugar --- 1& 1/2 cup
Double cream – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder --- 1 tea sp
Saffron --- a big pinch
Ghee -- 1tab sp
Almond – 1 tab sp chopped
Pistachio – 1 tab sp chopped
1. I got nearly 12 pieces with this measurement if you want more can just double the ingredients.
2. Heat ghee in a deep frying pan add coconut and fry till nice aroma comes out mix double cream and leave a side.
3. Mix water and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan, boil till it gets 2 string consistency
4. Now stir the coconut mixture in the sugar syrup and stir till it leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Now add saffron and cardamom powder mix well
6. Take out the half quantity of coconut mixture and add a few drops of red food color mix well and pour this in to a grease try and spread evenly.
And sprinkle half each chopped almonds and pistachio s
7. Now pour the Wight mixture on the top of the colored mixture and spread with a knife or a flat spoon evenly, sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts on top and allow it to cool.
8. Now cut the burfi in to desired shape pieces.
And here is the coconut burfi is resdy
THIS DELICIOUS COCONUT BURFI GOES TO LETS GO NUTS BY PJ AT
SEDUCE YOUR TASTE BUDS AND EVENT BYAQUA
And also for priti and purva s FESTIVE FOOD ~ RAKSHA BANDHAN EVENT at Priti s INDIAN KHANA