Jun 17, 2013

Chocolate Gulab Jamoon

I am a big chocoholic I like to have chocolate any time and any form. Even I like my coffee with chocolate flavor some times. When Valli announced this chocolate theme for this month BM I just took this. Because it is my favorite ingredient and that is in to Indian means it is a fusion. I like to have chocolate in any form but not with chili and mint flavor some how I don't like those two flavors. Any way that is my choice.
                                                                   This gulab jamoon recipe I have tried few times first time I tried with kova mixed with coco powder, that time they turned out little hard an lightly bitter. May be that time I fried for long time. Second time I tried it with only drinking chocolate but this time I didn't get the chocolate flavor means a very mild flavor. So this time I used both coco and drinking chocolate and stuffed the jamoon balls with milk chocolate pieces. And ohhh this is what a perfect chocolate gulab jamoon, I am just enjoying them. let's check the recipe...
chocolate jamoon 3 INGREDIENTS:---
Gulab jamoon mix  --- 1 pak 250 gms
Coco powder  ---  2 tea sp
Drinking chocolate powder  ---- 2 tea sp
Milk chocolate  ---- 1 bar cut in to 1/4 inch cubes
Sugar ----     300 gms
water for sugar syrup  -- -1 and half cup
Oil for deep frying or ghee
METHOD:---
1. Take jamoon mix, coco powder, drinking chocolate powder in a mixing bowl add little water and make soft dough.
2. Take a small portion of this dough keep milk chocolate cube in the center cover and give it in to a ball shape.
                                               


3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan drop this chocolate stuffed ball in to oil keep the heat in to low flame and fry till light brown
4. In the mean while mix sugar and water bring to a full boil and make a syrup.
5. Now drop this fried chocolate balls in to hot syrup and set aside for 10 minutes
Serve hot with rabadi or firni..
If you want to make them more chocolaty then check this
c jamoon 1 INGREDIENTS:---
Melted milk chocolate   ---- 1/2 cup
Julab jamoons  ---- 10
tooth picks
Take one gulab jamoon with the help of a tooth pic and dip it in the melted chocolate, place  the chocolate coated gulab jamoon on a paper cup and leave them in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Serve this with a scoop of ice cream...
This is my first post for Blogging Marathon 29th edition under  Indian Fusion With Chocolate theme let's check other BM members recipes here


 

16 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

That's an mouth watering recipe.....Being a chocoholic....recipe like this is very tempting....

cookingwithsapana said...

Wanna grab these right now!

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, those juicy chocolate jamuns are terrific,loving it.

kitchen queen said...

tempting and juicy gulab jamuns.

vaishali sabnani said...

Absolutely sinful. ..loving them.Can I have some.

Usha said...

I like the jamoon coated with milk chocolate and perfect for a chocoholic like. I also like the idea of stuffing a chocolate piece in the jamoon. Nice twist to make this tradition sweet chocolaty.

Niru said...

Sooooper delicious....

Sudha Sabarish said...

Surely will become kids favorite sweet.Tempting pics.

Foodiliciousnan said...

i love the last chocolate coated jamuns! Absolutely delightful

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Very different and innovative! Chocolate lovers would love this.

Srivalli said...

Padma, looks like we both thought of the same treat, though mine is not double treat like yours. Very sinful pictures.

sushma said...

Wow looks super delicious. Chocolate and gulab jamun are my son's favorite. Both together he would be on cloud 9

Pavani said...

Wow.. Gulab jamuns packed with chocolate flavor.. Sounds too tempting.

Harini R said...

OMG the last picture is utterly sinful!! A very good choice for a chocolate lover.

Manju said...

Interesting one, love this combination.

preeti garg said...

Delicious Gulab jamun