Jun 13, 2013

Mango Salsa With Cilantro

This is my final recipe for this week BM. I am cooking from my cooking book collection and my combination for to day is mango and greens. greens I used in this recipe is fresh coriander leaves(cilantro) and spring onion greens. This salsa is a best combination with tortila chips, taco chips. I have adopted this recipe from the book Delicious dips by Diane Morgan in this book you can find some delicious dips (I have tried a few of the they came out so well) and also with few salsa recipes. pick a sweet mango means totapuri mango is best for this. means mango should not be too sour that should be sweet but not ripe. Instead of jalapeno chilli you can use any Indian variate chilli but jalapeno s will give a wonderful flavor. let's check how to make this salsa.
 photo salsa1.jpg INGREDIENTS:--
Mangoes   ---- 2 cut in to  small pieces
Onion   ---- 1 medium cut in to small pieces
Spring onions  ----  4 chopped
Tomatoes   ----- 2  cored and cut in to small pieces like mango pieces
Jalapeno chilli  --- 1 minced, I used caned if you want use caned the take 6 pieces and chop them
Fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves)  --- 1 cup finely chopped
Lemon juice ---- 1 tab sp
Olive oil  ---- 2 tab sp
Salt ----  1/2 tea sp, check and adjust before you serve
                                                           




METHOD:--
1. I a mixing bowl take mango, onion, tomato, jalapeno chilli, spring onion pieces and chopped cilantro mix and set a side.
2. I a other bowl take lemon juice, olive oil and salt mix well to dissolve salt, and then pour over this to mango mixture stir gently to combine.
3. Transfer the mango salsa in to serving dish, cover and set a side for 1 hour and serve.
serve with Tortilla chips or with bread, sprinkle some olive oil on the bread and serve with this salsa.
This is my third post for Blogging Marathon 29th edition under Cooking From A Book let's check other BM members recipes here.
 

11 comments:

Niru said...

Who doesn't love mangoes?? Looking delicious....can eat as is...

Pavani said...

Refreshing & delicious salsa. Perfect with some tortilla chips.

vaishali sabnani said...

I love this salsa ..it is absolutely a treat .super!

Usha said...

Wonderful salsa! I am salivating just looking at the mangoes in the salsa.

Jayashree said...

A refreshing salsa.....looks good.

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

nice combo dear. lovely salsa.

Priya Suresh said...

Makes me drool, fantastic salsa..

Srivalli said...

Very nice choice Padma..that bowl looks tempting..

Archana said...

Looks yum. Who will not love this salsa. Awesome.

Harini R said...

Love the salsa..I usually make it with the mango fruit..

Chef Mireille said...

looks more like a salad than a salsa, but yummy anyway