Jun 15, 2013

Dapka Kadi

I hate lizards and flies, at the movement I saw them I will be behind them and will send out of my house. When I finish my kadi and set my bowl to take pictures, two flies came in to my house. I was very busy for one hour in sending them out, finely I am tired but I couldn't send those two flies out. But those are hidden some were in the house, At the movement I started taking pictures one came in front of my camera lance and one on my hand. Now tell me how can I take pictures, again started running behind those flies finely I send them out after one hour, then took my pictures peacefully.
dapka kadi                                                                     For this month Indian Cooking challenge Valli has chosen this delicious dish called Dapka kadi grom Gujarathi cuisine. This is almost like panjabi kadi but with little sweet taste. But that sweet taste is a highlight for this kadi and totally different from South Indian morkozhalambu. For kadi pakodi we make pakodis with chick pea flour. In this recipe we use split moong dal batter to make dapkas. Thanks for the recipe Valli and vaishali
INGREDIENTS FOR KADI:--
Curd  ---  2 cups
Besan(chick pea flour)  ----  5 tab sp
Ginger green chilli paste --  1 tea sp
Curry leaves  ---  6
Sugar  ---  3 tab sp
Salt to taste
Ghee --- 2 tea sp
Cumin seeds  --- 1/2 tea sp
Mustard seeds --  1/2 te asp
Dry red chillies ---  2
INGREDIENTS FOR DAPKA:--
Moong dal (split yellow gram)  --- 1 cup
Oil   ---- 1 tab sp
Ginger and green chilli paste ---  1 tea sp
Sugar  ----  1/2 tea sp
Soda bi carb  ---  a pinch
Salt to taste
METHOD FOR DAPKAS (MOONG DAL DUMPLINGS)
1. Soak mung dal in enough warm water for 4 hours, after 4 hours drain water and blend moond dal in to a fine past in a blender or mixee.
2. Transfer the dal mixture in to bowl add ginger and green chilli paste, salt to taste, sugar, sodabi carb mix well and set a side.
METHOD FOR KADI :---
1. Take besan in a mixing bowl add curd little by little and whisk well.
2. Add 4 cups of water to curd and besan mixture, whisk well to avoid lumps.
3. Add ginger green chilli paste, sugar, salt to taste, mix well and cook in heavy bottom pan on a medium heat, stir in between and cook till it starts boiling.
4. Heat ghee in a small fry pan add mustard seeds let them popup then add cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds crackle add curry leaves and red chillies, add this tempering to kadi  mix well and cook for 5 more minutes on a low heat.
5. Just before serving again bring the kadi to boil and take a little moond dal batter with your fingertips and form in to small dumplings and drop slowly in the boiling kadi.^
6. Keep the heat in low flame and drop all the moong dal batter dumplings in to boiling kadi and wait for five minutes or till dapkas starts floating on the top of the kadi.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotla. I didn't made rotlas but we enjoyed this with roti and rice.
While adding Dapkas to kadi first drop one dapka and wait for it to float to top and then continue with the rest of the batter.
I that didn't come up then your batter is too thin, add little besan to dapka batter and try again.



 

5 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Kadi looks so delicious and mouthwatering. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

interesting post, dear..even though i am new to this.

preeti garg said...

Dapka kadhi look tasty

kitchen queen said...

yummy tempting kadi.

Harini R said...

looks very good Padma!