Jun 10, 2015

Onion And Cashew Pakodi

The second week of this month Blogging Marathon and my theme for this week is fritters. First recipe I have decided for this theme is pakodis. All time favorite for every one, I make a few varieties of pakodis with mixed vegetables or just with sliced onion. When ever I didn't find any side dish for rice and sambar or rice and rasam or with any gravy I make pakodis. I don't know some how making pakodis is a very easy for me and pakodis are a favorite at home.. 
Valli and Veena This recipe is specially for you both
Let's check the recipe 
 photo dalpakora.jpg INGRIDENTS:---
Cashew nuts --- 100 gms
Onion  --  1 big sliced
Chick pea flour --- 1 cup
Rice flour --- 1 tab sp
Green chilies -- 6
Coriander seeds -- 1 tab sp
Cumin seeds -- 1 tea sp
Ginger --- 1 inch piece
Curry leaves  ---  2 springs chopped
Salt to taste
Ghee -- 1 tab sp
Oil for deep frying
METHOD:----
1. Grind green chilies, ginger, coriander and cumin seeds in to a coarse paste.
2.  Broke cashew nuts (if you are using full) and take them into a mixing bowl and add sliced onion ground paste,chopped curry leaves and salt mix well with your hand.
3. Now add chick pea flour, rice flour again mix well,heat  ghee till it smokes and add this to cashew and flour mixture and mix with a spoon (because ghee is very hot). 
4. Now add water little by little and mix like a pakodi batter(like dumplings) .This batter should be little thick then normal pakodi batter means just sprinkle water and make the dough till it holds.
5. Heat oil in adeep frying pan and droop this pakodi mixture with hand in to hot oil and fry till light golden color.
Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee...



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53

20 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Why Padma only for Valli and Veena? Not fair! I am coming you better make for me also. On a serious note i loved these pakoris, will try them as soon as i get a chance.

Harini R said...

Crunchy pakodis, Padma. Very addictive also, right?

cookingwithsapana said...

wow onion pakoda with cashews sounds superb.

Suma Gandlur said...

This is one tempting, classic snack, I would say.

Srivalli said...

Vaishali, this was the snack she made for us when we three met over to discuss BM#50..:)..and more than the discussion, Veena and I were intent on finishing the bowl..hehehe..and have been asking her to share the recipe atleast...:)..this was so good..

Priya Suresh said...

Padma, those crispy pakodis are asking me to grab and munch some rite now.. Super tempting they are.

Sarita said...

Cashew pakoda looks awesome.. Looks delicious.

Chef Mireille said...

these crispy crunchies look like the perfect snack!

Padmajha said...

Reading srivalli's comment, I agree that it was very addictive and now when we visit next time, pls make this for us :)

Varada's Kitchen said...

Recipes always taste better when there are memories associated with them.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

This is one of my favorite and I can finish the whole bowl :) Wish I was there to eat these!

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Remember to make me some when we meet in july!!! would love to grab the bowl from the pics!! perfect with a cup of chai!!

Pavani said...

What a crispy & crunchy treat you got there Padma. Pakodis look awesome.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

for me too...u never told you love making pakodis...we could have had them for all 3 days- next time

Kalyani said...

These remind me of my dad who used to love it and got us a parcel from one restaurant who used to make it every Sunday :-))) so many memories ....

Archana said...

Mai bhi hoon. I will else fight with you Padma.

Sowmya :) said...

So crunchy ! Looks delicious

Sneha's Recipe said...

So crunchy and yummy.

Sneha's Recipe said...

Tempting pakodis.

Sneha's Recipe said...

Tempting pakodis.