Jun 3, 2015

Broccoli And Carrot Stir Fry

After that Mega Baking Marathon I took a break for one month that is unexpected . This month again we have started 53rd edition of Blogging Marathon with different themes. For this month my first week theme is Guilt free recipes. After taking this them I have done some research, really what is guilt free food, this research took a long time then searching recipes for this theme. Finally what I understood is guilt free food means the food what we eat is with low calories  and with all original ingredients means not refined ingredients like maida, fine polished rice, white sugar, refined oil, means more natural ingredients.
                                                                   For the first day I started my theme with a vegetable dish which is a stir fry but you can serve it as a salad too. I used fennel seeds to give flavor to this dish but you can use cumin seeds. Actually my husband started his salad diet so he had it with a whole wheat bread slice. But I feel that only this stir fry with a slice of bread makes me hungry so fast I had my portion with those pulkas. Actually one portion of this vegetable with three pulkas and a cup of yogurt or a glass of buttermilk will be a perfect balanced meal for me that's my choice, what do you say?  
 photo BS.jpg
So let's check the recipe......
INGREDIENTS:---
Broccoli  --- 1 medium flower
Carrot  ---  2 medium size
Onion  ---  1 medium
Garlic  ---  6 cloves
Fennel seeds  ---  1/2 tea sp crushed
Black pepper powder  ---   1/2 tea sp 
Salt to taste 
Olive oil  ---  1 tab sp
Lemon juice  --  1 tab sp (optional)
METHOD:---
1. Trim the broccoli, discard the thick stems and leaves and cut in to bite size flowerets.
2. Boil water in a pan bring to a full boil then add broccoli to the boiling water and switch off the heat. Let it sit for five minutes and drain the water, set broccoli a side.
3. Now peal the carrot and cut in to one inch pieces set a side, cut onion in to small pieces set a side, fine chop the garlic and set a side.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan add crushed fennel seeds, onion pieces, chopped garlic and fry for a while then add carrot pieces, sprinkle two tab sp of water cover and cook for few seconds.
5. Add broccoli and salt to taste, black pepper powder give a good stir and switch off the heat.
6. Sprinkle lemon juice mix well.
Serve hot with Pulkas or whole wheat bread or you can just have it like that as a salad..




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53

19 comments:

Usha said...

Love your dinner. After the month long baking marathon, I too need to start my low carb diet to shred all the fat I put on myself. Stir fry looks good

Kushigalu said...

Simple, healthy and tasty :)

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite stir fry, can have this healthy stir fry with anything.

praba said...

crunchy brocolli and veggies...Addition of fennel is nice...looks lovely...

Suma Gandlur said...

This sounds so delicious and looks colorful.

Rajani S said...

Thats definitely a healthy bite, Padma. Totally guilt free and I am with you on the phulkas as well. One slice of bread doesn't quite cut for me as well :D.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

My favorite kind of curry/poriyal! I can eat a bowlful of this as is :)

Srivalli said...

Surely looks very good Padma, glad you went ahead with this dish..

The Pumpkin Farm said...

lovely colors and such simple stir fry , must have tasted awesome

Chef Mireille said...

fennel must have given such nice flavor

Archana said...

Love this guilt free indulgence. Its a perfect full meal.

Harini R said...

My kids will definitely love this.

sushma said...

Simple and healthy stir fry

vaishali sabnani said...

That's a delicious stir fry and perfectly teamed with hot phulkas!

Varada's Kitchen said...

That is simple healthy fish. Definitely guilt free.

Pavani said...

Such a healthy & colorful and stir fry with broccoli.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Colorful & healthy stirfry! ! Picture looks very clean & crisp.

Padmajha said...

This is such a good side with the phulkas!

Sowmya :) said...

Lovely combo of carrot and broccoli....we could also roll these up in the phulka for a lunch on the go! Yummmm