Mixed Vegetable Paratha this is my recipe for this month Blogging Marathon for flat bread theme. Usually aloo paratha is my all time favorite but when I tried this mixed vegetable paratha, I liked the mixed flavors of the all vegetables. This will be a healthy option for breakfast and also a whole meal when you serve this with a dal, pickle and curd. With boiled and mashed potato you can mix vegetables like finely chopped or grated cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, finely chopped beans, capsicum, you can mix a cup of finely chopped greens also. Here in this recipe I used cabbage, carrot and capsicum along with boiled potato. I made the dough with a mix of wheat flour and maida you can use only wheat flour
Lrt's check the recipe....
Onion --- 1 finely chopped
Cabbage --- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Carrot --- 1/2 cup grated
Capsicum -- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Potato --- boiled, peeled and mashed
Coriander leaves --- 2 tab sps finely chopped
Green chillies --- 3 finely chopped
Ginger --- 1 tea sp finely chopped
Oil -- 1 tab sp
Cumin seeds --- 1/2 tea sp
chilli powder -- 1/2 tea sp
Dry mango powder -- 1/2 tea sp
Garam masala powder --- 1/3 tea sp
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour :-- 1 cup
Maida (all purpose flour) --- 3/4 cup
Oil -- 2 tea sp
Salt to taste
Plain flour for dusting
Oil or butter for cooking the parathas
1. Combine the ingredients for the dough, mix well add enough water and knead in to soft dough. place this dough in a bowl cover with a kitchen towel and set aside.
1. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds let them crackle, then add chopped ginger,green chillis fry for a while then add chopped onion cook on a medium flame for a minute.
2. Now add chopped cabbage sprinkle 2 tab sp water a pinch of salt mix well cover with a lide and cook till cabbage is half done then add grated carrot mix well cover and cook for two minutes in a low heat.
3. After two minutes open the lid and add finely chopped capsicum mix well and cook for a minute.
4. Then add boiled and mashed potato mix well to combine every thing.
5. Add chilli powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, chopped coriander, salt to taste mix well and cook for one minute.
Now will start making the parathas...
1. Divide the dough and stuffing in to equal portions.
2. Roll the dough portion like a small puri, place one portion of stuffinf in the middle of the puri and bring together all the sides to the center and seal tightly.
3. Now roll this stuffed dough in to 6 inch diameter thick circle.
4. Heat a tava and place the paratha on it and cook in a medium geat applying oil or butter both sides and cook till golden both sides.
Serve hot with pickle, curd..