Aug 5, 2008

DONDAKAYA PALLI PODI KURA(indian ivy gourd stir fry with ground nut powder)


250 gms – dondakaya ( tindora, Indian ivy gourd, kundru
Oil – 1 tab sp
Salt to taste
For powder:-
Ground nuts – 1tab sp
1 tea sp – coriander seeds
1 tea sp – cumin seeds
5-6 dry red chilies or according to your taste
1/2 tea sp sesame seeds
Dry coconut greeted – 1 tab sp
For tempering:-
1/2 tea sp – mustard seeds
A few curry leaves
1/2 tea sp – turmeric powder
Wash the vegetable in water and dry in the shade or wipe with a kitchen towel and cut in to small round pieces and add salt and turmeric powder cook the vegetable in steam for 5 minutes
In the mean while fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilies, ground nuts, sesame seeds, and dry coconut, fry these ingredients in a fry pan with out oil till good aroma comes out then take off the flame and grind in to a coarse powder keep a side
Heat oil in a deep frying pan add mustard seeds and curry leaves then add cooked vegetable fry till golden colour it will take 10 – 15 minutes
Just before removing from fire add ground powder and stir for 2-3 minute and remove from fire and serve hot with plain rice and rasam
This curry will go very well with dal rasam or pesara pappu charu

16 comments:

notyet100 said...

another new version for me,..TO TRY,..LOOKS YUM,..

tasty life said...

this version is new to me. will try in india.
masala dosa looks crispy.

Jeena said...

Looks amazing I love food like this it is so comfoting to eat. :-)

Priti said...

I do something similar too..infact most of the kaais I do like this :)...your looks yummy too...

Kitchen Flavours said...

New version of ivy gourd to me and masala dosa looks yummy

Shreya said...

I have had this so many times in Hyd, at so many functions... Really nice recipe:-)

Ramya Bala said...

Wow Rekha..Superb poriyal ponga...I use kootu podi at the end instead of what u have used...Shud try urs...Masala dosa crispy-a iruku...Neenga Inga irundha evlo nalla irukum...

Purva Desai said...

it looks yumm.............and new dish for me....will try this for sure

Sireesha said...

New version of Dondakaya for me.......Looks delicious.....

A_and_N said...

That looks great and is sure to tingle anyone's spice-buds :)

Suma Rajesh said...

my fav veg...adding groundnut makes the sidedish very delicious..its tempting pic

Illatharasi said...

Good tindora recipe with masala... will surely try this:)

Madhavi said...

very nice entry, look gooood. Love ur masala dosa !!!

SriLekha said...

wow! looking yummy!

SriLekha said...

added u to my blogroll!

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing