Daal Batti, missi roti,Lahsun ki chutney and churma....... mouthwatering is't it, yes Rajasthani cuisine. In Rajasthani cuisine Daal batti and churma will take the first place. Sweet dishes are never refferred to as dessert's in Rajasthan because they had them with meal, before or enven in the end but not ofter meal.In this treditional cooking food that could last for several days and cold be eaten without heating was preferred. Insted of oil they use Ghee (clarified butter )a lot in there cuisine especially in sweets and most of the sweets are made by Wheat, chick pea flour, milk products. Coming to todays sweet Churma laddu is made by wheat flour, ghee and mawa which is made by condensing the ful cream milk. Traditionaly this churma laddu is served with Daal batti in a powder form but in some places I have seen they are making laddu s with that powder and they taste just awesome.Here I am with the recipe of a treditional Rajasthani Sweet CHURMA LADDU.......
One more thing I want to share with you all, I got this recipe from my friend she is from Jodhpur. she told me that normaly they make this churma by mashing the batti balls for every day meal, but in special occasions they deep fry the wheat balls in pure ghee and make the powder for laddu s. So Thank you so much for the Delicious recipe dear Sonal. This churma laddu s will stay for 1 month and very helthy and very healthy snack for growing children...
WHEAT FLOUR -- 200 g.
Ghee -- 400 g.
Khoya/Mawa - 100g.(condensed milk, pachi kova in telugu.)
Sugar -- 200g
Almonds - 50g(soaked, pealed and chopped)
Cardamom powder - 1 tea sp
cinamon - 1 inch piece (dalchina chekka, dalchini)
Milk -- 1 - 2 tab sp(when you are making laddu s sprinkle and see if you meed more milk to make balls then you can add but don't add more milk that the powder become like a paste just sprinkle 1 tab sp hold and see it you are able to make laddu then stop adding milk.For me it took 1&1/2 tab sp)
Melt 150g of ghee in a pan,take wheat flour in a bowl and add the melted ghee and mix well if you hold this mixture that should form in a ball like in the picture.
- Then add very little water and make a stiff dough.
- Heat rest of the ghee in a deep frying pan.
3. Now make 20 small balls out of the wheat flour dough and make dippreshion with your fingers(if you fry the balls round in sahape some times there are chances the balls will blast in the oil and also they don't cook properly in side so give a impreshion in the middle.)
4. Deep fry this wheat balls in hot ghee in a low flame untill they become nice golde brown in color(here you can use normal cooking oil alos for deep frying this ball s but they don't taste like ghee)
5. Now remove from the ghee and let them cool to handel, then make small pieces out of this balls with hand ans make apowder in the grinder or coffe grinder.
6. Heat 1 tab sp of ghee in a pan add cinamon and cardamon powder,mix khoya and wheat flower mixture mix well and add the to pan which we heated 1 tab sp ghee with cinamon and cardamom powder and fry it for a minute.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool to handle.
8. Now add chopped almonds and sugar mix well.
9. Serve as it is like a powder treditionaly Rajasthani people serve with Daal batti
10. If you want to make laddus then sprinkle milk and make laddu s
11. It will stay for more then 1 month in powder form,if you add milk and made laddus the they will stay for 1 week because of milk.
With out milk also you can make laddu s with this powder,when it is hot add sugar and mix well and leave for few min. then make balls when the mixture is warm once it is cool them you can not make balls so that you have to add little milk in this case. Hope you all under stand this point.
If any doubts feel free to leave a comment.