After all my heavy meal thalis Now I wanted to show my favorite and simple, healthy thali. I usually like to have this type of food for my lunch. Which is less fat and low corbohyderats. My type of meal for the day, I like to take heavy breakfast like idli with sambar(my all time fav.), dosa with any vegetable chutney, upma with veges or any sandwich with raw vegetables or egg. so that we intake corbohyderats in first meal (it is right or wrong I don't know but I am stick to this menu from long time). So for lunch roti(phulka) dal and subji with butter milk or some times I mix curd with oats or wheat rava (daliya). I don't like to sleep in the afternoons, I keep my self bussy with doing some work like making masala powder or ginger garlic paste. I do my kitchen shoping twice a week (i make sure that I will do in powder cut times he he). If I am planing to bake some thing that also I do in the afternoon time, and also grinding idli dosa batter. So I am always busy you know:)
You may thinking why I am writing all this stuff , many people ask me that what I will be doing in the afternoons. Ohh you may be sleep in the afternoon because you have lot of free time. No I don't have free time if I have a few hours free time I sit in frount of my blog (which is my favorite work) .Any way comming to todays thali let's check what is there in this thali.
2. Goruchikkudu, mamidikaya kura (cluster beans, Green mango curry)
3. Phulka (roti)
Cucumber and onion slices
4. Oats Daddojanam (oats with temperd curd)
Now lets check the recipe for Oats Daddojanam
Oats --- 1 cup
Water --- 1 and 1/2 cup
Curd -- 1 cup
Oil -- 1 tea sp
Cashew nuts -- 1 tea sp
Raisins -- 1 tab sp
Mustard seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Chanadal -- 1 tea sp
Urad dal -- 1/2 tea sp
Cumin seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Curry leaves -- few
Dry red chillies -- 1 broken
Ginger -- 1/2 inch piece chopped
Green chilles -- 1 chopped
Pomegranate seeds -- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Heat water in a pan, bring to full boil and add oats,salt to taste to boling water stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat set a side to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl beat curd till smooth, set a side.
5. In a other fry pan het oil fry cashewnut till golden remove and set a side.Then fry raisins in the same oil till golden remove and set aside.
6. Now add mustard seeds let them popup then add chanadal, urad dal, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, broken dry red chillies, cuminseeds fry for a while and add this tadka (talimpu ) to curd.
7. Add temperd curd to cooked oats mix well to combine every thing.
8. Now add pomegranate seeds give a good stir and serve
Note. adjust with salt and water, since oats become thick when they cool so adjust water according to your taste.
This is my sixth Thali for Blogging Marathon 16 th edition in the theme of Indian thali and lets check the Marathon page.And this is my entry for Srivallis Thali Mela