Jun 5, 2012

Sorakaya Bajjilu - Boottle Gourd Fitters

I am not a big fan of snacks but my husband like to eat snacks other then main course. Bajji's (fitters) are one of the favorite snack for him but not mirchi bajji( green chilli fitters). He likes other vegetable bajjis like onion, brinjal, ridge gourd and bottle gourd. My favorite is mirchi bajji's..
 I never saw my MIL making bajji's but she makes onion pakodi's so very well. My mother used to make bajjis with almost all vegetables and she make a slit on bajjis and stuff them with chopped onion and coriander leaves .I like that way to eat bajjis.
Here to day I made bajjis with bottle gourd but you can make with any other vegetable like potato, onion, brinjal, ridge gourd, raw plantain, green leaves like palak and vamu aaku ( I don't know the name for this leaf in english), cauliflower, baby corn, capsicum.
Here is the recipe for Bajji's
Photobucket INGREDIENTS:--


 Bottle gourd--- 1 peeled and cut in to rounds
Chick pea flour --- 1 cup
Ginger and green chilli paste  --- 1 tea sp
Ajwain(carom seeds) --- 1/2 tea sp
Red chilli powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Rice flour -- 1 tab sp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

METHOD:-

1.  Peal outer skin of bottle gourd ,wash and cut in to rounds make sure that seeds should not be there. If you find seeds cut in to half circles and remove the seeds.

2.  Mix chick pea flour,ajwain, ginger and green chilli paste,  chilli powder,salt to taste rice flour in a bowl add some water and make a batter for bajji's
3. In the mean while  heat oil in a deep frying pan, dip bottle gourd pieces in the chick pea flour batter and drop in to the hot oil and fry till golden color

 4.  Remove from oil and serve with tomato sauce or green chuteny and also you can serve with dal chaval and this bajji's.

This is my third recipe with the theme of Deepfried vadas fitters for blogging marathon 17 th edition At Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page .
This is my entry for Shamas Street Party food and event by Jagruti of Cooking Odyssey

19 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Cant wait to try this fritters, feel like munching some.

Padmajha said...

Superb presentation and yummy fritters...

Srivalli said...

I love these so much Padma, the bajjis are so thick!

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Super delicious!!!

sushma said...

yummyyyyyyyy bajjilu

Chef Mireille said...

fritters look so yummy

Geeta said...

yummyy...nice shot..

Jayanthi said...

I like mirchi baji too and that too with hot tea/coffee.....mmmmm...the bajji looks awesome.

Spicy-Aroma said...

fritters look super tempting..mouthwatering!
Spicy-Aroma

Unknown said...

Never tried with bottle gourd.....Looks delicious!!!! Must try soon.....

Suma Gandlur said...

Must be yummy! I don't remember eating ever these fritters.

Harini R said...

very innovative!

The Pumpkin Farm said...

much like the muthiya recipes except that they are cut in roundels...looks great

Chitra said...

Never tried with sorakaya. looks nice..

Raks said...

Never tried bajji with bottle gourd! Looks tempting!

Subhie Arun said...

this is new to me,,,thx for sharing...glad to follow u

visit me,

http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

hi recipe looks good. the leaf u mentioned is of indian borage which is used to treat cold

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous Thats great thanks for the info. My humble request to Anonymous readers please leave your name after you leave the comment. Any way thank you so much.

veena said...

Bajjis looks so yummy!!!!