Jul 28, 2008

PACCHI PULUSU




This typical Andhra rasam is from costal Andhra Pradesh
Good combo with this rasam is kandi pachadi and potato fry oooh that is my choice
And the recipe is here
INGREDIENTS:-
Tamarind - Small lemon size
Onion—1 sliced
Tomato—1 sliced
Green chilies- slit 3
Coriander leaves chopped- 1 tab sp
1/2 taps – chili powder
1/2 taps- turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1teb sp – jaggery
1tesp- sambar powder (optional)

FOR SEASONING:-
1 tab sp - oil
1 tabs –mustard seeds
1 tabs – cumin seeds
1 taps – uard dal
3 cloves- garlic crushed
METHOD:-
Soak tamarind in water and extract juice with 1 cup water and keep a side
Heat oil in a sauce pan add mustard seeds and let them crackle then add crushed garlic uard dale and curry leaves fry till golden color
Then add sliced onion, sliced tomato and slit challis stir once and add chili powder , turmeric powder, sambar powder, coriander leaves salt to taste and jaggery keep stirring and remove from fire and add tamarind juice mix well and serve hot with plain rice


You can add griled sliced brinjals to this that we call mukkala pacchi pulusu

15 comments:

Sum Raj said...

looks tempting...delicious entry...

Shreya said...

hi, good one.. though i prefer to stay away from tamarind as much as possible.. never knew of jaggery also being used.. what is kandi pachadi?

Andhra Flavors said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andhra Flavors said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indian Khana said...

Looks just yummy..very nice pic

Sujatha said...

looks inviting.. and sounds authentic!

Indian Khana said...

Thanks for asking yaar...I'm so happy lot of people asked me same qn..feel so gud but as a matter of fact I'm not feeling so gud but coming back to normal....check my blog in 10mins time

Indian Khana said...

Feeling better now thanks for asking...I'm glad that you liked my answer more than the cooking ;)

Niya prakash said...

Hi

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog & comment.

Have a nice day !!!

Cheers

ST said...

Pacchipullusu its my favorite one.My mom use to make same way...Looks tempting and I am hungry now.....

Deepthi Shankar said...

that looks very nice .. a different kind of sambar

Purva Desai said...

Rasam looks delicious....and with my limited knowledge on rasam.....I ve heard they are good when u ve cold

Sia said...

slurp... i can survive eating just this pulusu with rice forever :)

notyet100 said...

ne wname for me looks yum,..

EC said...

Nice one...authentic andhra cuisine