Palak (palakura, spinach) --- 1 bundle or 1 &1/2 cup finely chopped
Chickpea flour (bengalgram flour, senagapindi) --- 1 cup
Rice flour --- 1 tab sp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Green chilies --- 3 no.
Coriander seeds -- 1 tea sp
cumin seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Ajwain --- 1/2 tea sp
Salt to taste
turmeric powder -- 1/2 tea sp
Oil for frying
1. Peel and chop ginger and cut green chilies in to small pieces and add coriander seeds and cumin seeds to ginger and green chilies and grind in to a coarse paste.
2. wash palak many times and chop it very finely.
3. In a big mixing bowl add chickpea flour and rice flour,salt to taste,turmeric powder,ajwain,ground paste and chopped palak and make a dumpling batter with the help of very little water if required.
4. Now heat oil in a deep frying pan and drop spinach and chickpea flour mixture in the form of pakodis and fry till nice golden color.
5. remove from oil and drain extra oil,and palak pakodi s are ready to eat.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney and a cup of tea.
Be carefull when you are droping the batter in to the hot oil if you are not able to drop with your hand use a spoon to drop the batter.
Take care and enjoy your palak pakodis.......