Again like O for Q also there is only one country which the name start with Q. Q for Qatari cuisine is also Influenced by many Asian and African country's. Qatar is located in desert so the number of ingredients locally available is very limited. But now they are growing many vegetables in farms. The most important influence on Qatar cuisine is Arab cuisine so. In the modern age foods from abroad have been introduced to Qatar.But the traditional recipes still have remain the same. Today my recipe is from traditional Qatari cuisine, Traditional Qatari Break fast Balaleet.
Let's check the recipe..
Recipe source from HERE
INGREDIENTS:--Vermicelli -- 1/2 cup
Sugar --- 2 tab sp
Cinnamon --- 2 tea sp
Ginger --- 1 tea sp
Salt a pinch
Butter --- 1 tab sp
Egg ---- 1
Oil -- 1 tea sp
1. Heat water in pan bring to full boil add oil and vermicelli mix well and cook till vermicelli become soft.
2. Switch off the heat and drain the water, place vermicelli again in the pan, switch on the heat.
3. Immediately add sugar, cinnamon, ginger and toss well.
4. Spread the vermicelli mixture evenly cover with a lid and reduce the heat to very low and cook for 10 minutes so the that the vermicelli on the bottom will turn crisp.
5. Take out the vermicelli from pan in to a plate.
6. Now make a one egg omelette and place the omelette on top of the vermicelli ans serve.
Serve with a cup of coffee.