Oliebolen interesting name isn't it? Oliebolen is a Dutch doughnut kind of pastry which is a deep fried pastry. This deep fried pastry is filled with raisins, dried currents and peeled and chopped apple and served with powder sugar on top. This a traditional dutch pastry well known as Oliebolen in Netherlands.these deep fried doughnut are specially eaten on New Year's Eve
Netherlands cuisine is well known as Dutch cuisine. For today we have to post a recipe for alphabet N. My choice for N is Netherlands, this cuisine is developed by dutch people. Dutch cuisine consists of the cooking traditions and practices from the Netherlands cuisine. Traditional dutch cuisine is simple and straightforward with lots of vegetables, specially potatoes. Potatoes are eaten with every meal if they are simply boiled or mashed potatoes. Holidays are celebrate with special food and this doughnut recipe is a holiday food recipe but now it is available every day. So lets check the traditional recipe from Netherland.
INGREDIENTS:---All purpose flour --- 2 1/4 cups
Warm milk ---- 1 cup
Salt --- 1 and half tea sp
Egg ---- 1
Dried currants --- 3/4 cup
Raisins ---- 3/4 cup
Apple --- 1 peeled and chopped
Oil for deep frying
Confectioners sugar ---- 1 cup
1. Add yeast to warm milk mix well and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Take flour and salt in to a big bowl stir well.
3. Add egg, yeast to flour and make a smooth batter
4. Stir in the currants, raisins, chopped apple mix well once cover and leave it in a warm place for one hour.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Take the batter with a spoon to give the doughnuts a scoop shape and slowly drop the batter in to the hot oil .
7. Fry this doughnuts till golden brown, remove from oil and drain on a kitchen towel .
8. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve hot.