Jul 28, 2008

RAW VEGETABLES WITH OLIVE OIL DIP


Use a combination of any fresh seasonal vegetables for this color full antipasto from Rome, The dip usually consists only olive oil and salt but I used some chopped olives also to give this dip more Italian touch and also black pepper and chopped parsley also. The vegetables should be raw or lightly Blanched, you can use this dip as a salad dressing also
You can use any vegetables like fennel, Carrot, celery, radishes tomato here I use what I have in my hand
1 large-carrot
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
5-6-green beans
Small -broccoli
Small- cauliflower
For dip:-
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
3 teb sp-lemon juice (optional)
4 leaves basil
A few strings fresh or dry parsley chopped
10 green or black olives very finely chopped
METHOD:-
Prepare vegetables by slicing the carrots green pepper and yellow peppers and beans peel the stems of broccoli and cut broccoli and cauliflower in to florets if you want to blanch them blanch for 5min. don't over cook the vegetables
Cut tomatoes in sections if using
Arrange vegetables in a large platter leaving a space in the center for the dip
Make dip pouring olive oil in a small bowl add salt, pepper, chopped olives, chopped basil and parsley leaves stir in the lemon juice mix well and place the bowl in the center of vegetables

I have adopted this recipe from one Italian cook book,I tryed and tasted it I love the recipe so I want to share this with my viewers and I made some veriations also .







8 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks tasty and healthy...

Ramya Bala said...

Rekha,
enna ithu vera yaruna blogku vandhutana?ore salad-a iruku..Ihu namma tate kedaiyathae?But my hubby n kid luv to eat salad a looooot...will try both ur salds n dip..Thanks for the award dear and MEME,I have already done this and will link back in my next post...

EC said...

Seems nutritious and tempting

Illatharasi said...

Learnt a new dip;) If it is italian, you can send this to Italian food event, http://culinarybazaar.blogspot.com/2008/07/benvenuto-to-awed-italiano.html

Shreya said...

hi, really healthy and looks tasty, though I have never used olive oil for cooking or eating at home! will try soon.

notyet100 said...

THIS LOOKS SO HEALTHY,..THNKS FOR SHARIN

Sum Raj said...

looks healthy aand delicious with a lovly presentation..

Deepthi Shankar said...

that looks sooo tasty n is healthy too .. good recipe