Jul 7, 2008

MANGO PAYASAM


A great melt in the mouth,Summer treat with mango flavor along with the creamy texture,makes this fruity dessert a pure comfort food


1-cup-ripe mango puree


a few mango pieces for garnish


1/2 lt--whole milk[if you want you can use low fat milk also]


1/3 cup-Basmathi rice


4-tebsps-sugar


1teb-ghee


10-cashew nuts


10-raisins


1/2tesp-cardomom powder


1/2 cup-condenced milk


If you like you can add mango essence


a pinch of saffron


How to make:-


wash and soak rice in a little water for 15 min. then cook rice with 1/2lt. milk.Stirring continuously,let it cook till rice become very soft


Now add sugar and go on stirring till mixture thickens.Remove from heat and cool it


Fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and add to the rice mixture


Now add condenced milk and mango puree and cardomom powder mix well


garnish with mango pieces and saffron ,cashew nuts and serve chilled






One more event at Mythreyee s Paajaka recipes--sweet series cool desserts event---

15 comments:

Deepthi Shankar said...

Hey i checked out your chain .. Thanks sooo much rekha .. Iam honoured .. Mango payasam looks yummy

Indian Khana said...

Wow Mango Payasam!! New recipe to me..looks just yummy......

FH said...

Great idea, looks delicious!:))

Ramya Bala said...

Yummy creamy payasam....

Sum Raj said...

wooo...anything with mango is my fav..urs looks like tempting.....have to grab that bowl in a min..hhehe

Madhavi said...

Payasam looks great, lovely presentation too!!!

Indian Khana said...

I too make with Besan, but as you said its different...let me know how it turn up ...when you try :)

Shreya said...

Hi, lovely recipe for mangoes in a different form! I have never had mango payasam. Will try this out, as I have mangoes at home:-)

Illatharasi said...

I have never tried this payasam:) beautiful colour:)

EC said...

All my eyes is now on the nuts that u have spread out..hahahha..tempting payasam

Indranee Batabyal said...

I would love to prepare this yummy payasam! Looks fabulous! I have something for you in my blog:)Enjoy!

ST said...

WOW mango payasam new to me.....It looks very tempting and yummy....Added u in my blogroll..

Sia said...

very different recipe for mango payasa. its almost like mango kheer coz of rice.

Jaishree Iyer said...

Mango payasam looks yummy...lovely presentation.

AJ said...

Looks delicious!!

Apu
http://annarasaessenceoffood.blogspot.com/