Jul 1, 2008

CARROT KHEER

I am going to enjoy this award with this different kheer. Yess this is little diferent from the others because I used custad powder in this,That gives a nice smell to the kheer so I tryed that one and that is very tastey and it gives thickness to the kheer also no need to boil milk for hours.And Iwant to share one mre thing with every body,I think every one knows about that But I saw that most of them do this thing that is pealing carrot outer skin.Please dont do that,because lot of vitamins are there in the skin only even carrotin that is good for eyes so please dont peal the skin of a carrot.You want to clean it propperly rub with a bresh and clean with lots of water and dont boil in lot of watter just steem cook it not even a carrot any vegetable dont cook in a lot of water if you cook in alot of water dont throw that water you can use that in any soops or rasam or sambar.EAT CARROT LIKE A RABBIT

1 medium sized--carrot

2 cups --full cream milk

1/2 cup-sugar

2tesp-ghee

10 cashew nuts

1/2tesp-cordomom powder

1/2 cup-condenced milk

1-2 tesps-custard powder

METHOD:-

1.steem cook carrot and great and keep a side.[If you like the taste you can mash carrot Idont like that w of useing carrot in kheer so...]

2.Boil milk till 10 min. then add sugar stir and keep boiling.
3.After 10 min. add carrot keep stiring let it boil for 10 more min. then add condenced milk stir well
4.dissolve custard powder in 1tebsp milk and add it to kheer add cordomom powder stir well and low the flame for 10 more min.
5.Fry cashews in ghee and add to kheer remove from fire and let it cool.
chill it in th fridge and serve chill.
tip;--If you have alot of vegetable cooked water[that is vegetable stock] you can store it in fridge just pour vegetable stock in ice cubes try and freez it after freezing remove from try and store in a dox[dabba] keep it in the freezer you can use them for rasam or as vegetable stock

15 comments:

EC said...

Creamy kheer...Congrats on the award

Sailaja said...

This kheer is new to me. Looks Delicious.

Congrats on your award.

Ramya Bala said...

Congrats on ur award dear...Really adding custard powder is a twist..will definitely try once...I have a recipe with carrot kheer in my blog..chk that out...

Deepthi Shankar said...

Carrot kheer is awesome .. congrats on winning the award .. you are on a roll

Madhavi said...

Very nice kheer recipe, congratulations on ur award!!!

Unknown said...

kheer looks yummy..nice idea of adding custard powder..

Indian Khana said...

Very nice Kheer...gud idea of mixing custard...I'll try for sure...Thanks for the award again..

Jaishree Iyer said...

Carrot kheer is awesome.This kheer is new to me.congratulations on ur award!!!

Jaishree Iyer said...

Hi Rekha something is waiting for you in my blog..

Andhra Flavors said...

awesome entry! You have something in my blog:)

Sujatha said...

I liked the custard powder idea! great recipe! And congrats on your awards!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indian Khana said...

There is something for your in my blog....

Sailaja said...

Something is waiting for u in my blog

Ramya Bala said...

dear,
I too have smtg in my blog..chk it out