Dosa a South Indian delicacy. A real name in Telugu for dosa is Attu. Normally amma use to make dosas by soaking rice and dal separately and grind rice in to a fine powder and urad dal in to a fine past and she mix both in a big vessel and leave a side for fermentation. It is a long process but they taste s just awesome. I got this coconut dosa idea from my mom s Appam recipe she makes appam with grinding rice and coconut to gather and leave it for over night she won't add any yeast or any thing and they came out crispy not like Kerala appams.So I gave this name to my moms appam recipe as coconut dosa. And here is the recipe………
Raw rice --- 2 cups
Parboiled rice --- 1 cup
Cooked rice – 1/4 cup
Grated coconut --- 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Sugar --- 1 tea sp
1. Wash and soak rice in enough water for 6 hours
2. Then grind with cooked rice and coconut in to a smooth paste add salt to taste and sugar just before removing fro grinder.
3. Take out the batter in to a big bowl and leave it for over night for fermentation.
4. Heat a skillet or dosa pan in a medium heat and pour 1 ladle batter on hot pan and spread it in to a circle drizzle a little oil along the edges and let it cook for 1 min.
5. Then flip the dosa the other side and let it cook for 1more min.
You can make this dosas as thin as possible.
6. Remove from pan and serve hot.
. Serve with coconut chutney.
Enjoy your break fast.