Hot paratha s with pickle and raita yummm this is my all time favorite meal. I have a friend Sweatha she is from Bihar Whenever I go to her place she used to make hot hot parathas for me. I can manage but cannot make paratha s like her. She used to make lot of variations in filling. Missing you sweatha.:(.. This dal paratha is inspired by her dal paratha but I made some changes to her recipe, will post the original recipe soon. Here I go with the recipe.
For filling:---Chana dal --- 1 cup
Chopped green chillies --- 2
Onion --- 1 medium chopped
Fresh coriander leaves --- 1 tab sp chopped
Lemon rind --- 1 tab sp
Cumin seeds --- 1 tea sp roasted and lightly crushed
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour --- 1&1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil -- 1 tab sp
Oil for frying.
1. Wash and soak chana dal for 1/2 hour and cook till dal become soft.
2. Remove from heat and drain if any water and spread dal on a plate to remove extra moisture.
3. Mash dal well and add all other filling ingredients mix well to combine every thing and make golf size balls out of this dal mixture and set a side.
4.In a other bowl take whole wheat flour, salt add enough water to make a soft dough and knead in to a soft dough at last add 1 tab sp oil and knead the dough for five minutes.
5. Make small balls out of this dough and press in to small puri keep the dal mixture ball in the center of the puri and close from all sides to cover the filling.
6. Press this stuffed ball s in to round thick chapathis.
7. Heat a tawa (griddle) srinkle little oil and fry this dall paratha both sides till it turn in to nice golden.
8. Remove from pan and serve hot with pickle and raita. I served this with cauliflower pickle and boondi raita. boondi rita is the best combition for this dal parathas.
This is my third recipe for the theme delicious dal s in Blogging Marathon 12 th edition group 2 lets check the Marathon page.