Kathi roll is one of the most popular food in fast food centers in India.Most of the rolls what we get in this fast food centers they make the roti with wight flour(maida).But we can use whole wheat flour rotis at home, which is a good source of fiber.The paneer and vegetable filling gives a good source of vitamins, calcium, the masalas and marination will give a typical Indian flavor.Totally these are the healthy and complete meal by themselves and a great choice for packed lunch.. Here how I made them....
Jan 19, 2012
Paneer --- 100gms
Tomato -- 1 big
Capsicum -- 1 big
Oil ---- 1 tab sp
Curd -- 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste -- 1 tea sp
chat masala -- 1/2 tea sp
Garam masala -- 1/2 tea sp
Red chilli powder --- 1 tea sp
Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) ---1 tea sp
Salt --- 1 tea sp or according to your taste
Whole wheat flour ---- 1 cup
Fresh curd ---1 tab sp
Water for kneading the dough
Salt to taste
Cabbage --- 1/2 cup cut in to long strips
Onion -- 1/2 cup cut in to thin slices
Tomato sauce -- 1 /4 cup
1. Cut paneer, tomato, capsicum in to one inch cubes.
2.Take a bowl and add all marination ingredients mix well to combine everything then add paneer, tomato, capsicum pieces toss lightly and set a side to marinate for ten minutes.
3. In the mean time take whole wheat flour, salt,1 tab sp curd, and sprinkle enough water and knead a smooth dough.
4. Divide the dough in to equal potions and roll them in to thin rotis.
5.Cook the roti on a hot tawa(griddle), cook both sides remove and set a side.
6. Now heat oil in a non-stick pan add marinated paneer and vegetable pieces give a good stir.
7. Cook this mixture till all the masala coats over the pieces stir in between and cook in a high flame for five to seven minutes.
8.Now spread 1 tab sp of tomato sauce on each roti, sprinkle some cabbage strips and onion slices in the center of the roti .
10. Then spread good portion of paneer tikka filling and roll up tightly.
Serve hot with tomato sauce
this is my 4th recipe for Blogging Marathon 12 th edition by valli at spice your life let's check Marathon page what others were cooking to day