Jan 29, 2012

Sunnundalu - urad dal laddu

Sunnundalu - urad dal laddu is one of the old and very traditional sweet in Andhra cuisine.Which is traditionally made on festival s, marriage s, baby showers . this laddu s are consider as a healthy and energy giving sweet. here is the recipe for this delicious sweet. If you like can use grated jaggery instead of sugar but sugar gives a great taste. 

Photobucket INGREDIENTS:--
Urad dal ---- 2 cups
Sugar  ---- 1&1/2 cup
Cardamom  --- 3
Ghee --- 1 cup clarified butter
METHOD:--
1. Heat a heavy bottom pan and fry urad dal till they turn in to golden in a medium low flame by stirring continuously.
2. Take seeds from cardamom add to sugar and grind in to a fine powder and set a side.
3. Grind fried urad dal in to a coarse powder this shuold be like a sand like consistency.
4. Remove and mix with sugar and cardamom mixture mix well to combine every thing.
5. Heat ghee in a pan add little by little to dal and sugar mixture and make laddus.
Store in a airtight container this laddus will stay for months.
This is my last recipe for Blogging Marathon 12 th edition group 2 in the theme of delicious dals lets check the Marathon page

25 comments:

MySpicyKitchen said...

Mouthwatering! Sunniundalu always remind me of batukamma paduga.. The nine days before dasera..

vaishali sabnani said...

another ladoo!!...kalyani just posted some...u guys are tempting me like anything..wow these look soo sooo good!!

Harini said...

awesome!!

Kalyani said...

nice recipe.. I remmeber having Sunnundalu in Vijayawada last ... awesome :)

The Pumpkin Farm said...

another laddoo recipe for the day, dont think i had this ever, they look good

Priya Suresh said...

Cute looking healthy laddoos..

Suganya said...

Healthy dessert. My all time fav. Love it. YUM!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

loved the laddus...

Reshmi Mahesh said...

New to me...Looks very delicious...

Mélange said...

This laddu with urad dal is new to me..Nice one.Thanks for sharing Rekha.

Fairy Garden said...

hey great, this is called as sunniundalu, which i named it as urad dhal halwa instead of laddus.

Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012

Gayathri Kumar said...

Absolutely delicious ladoos...

preeti garg said...

wow! indian sweet lovin it

http://preeti-kitchen.blogspot.com/

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

Healthy snack .

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Looks yum!!!!

rajani said...

a new recipe for me, looks nice

Srivalli said...

Looks awesome Padma, as you might know..this is our favorite during festivals..glad you joined us!

Raks said...

My mom makes this everytime for me and I know how healthy it is :) Wonderful ladoos

Suma Gandlur said...

Sunnundalu are absolute favorite of mine. They look yummy.

Sumi said...

I had some of these from my neighbour who had just come from India.Thanks for the recipe ..looks delicious

Cool Lassi(e) said...

I am seeing plenty of ladoos everywhere. Urad dhal laddu looks great. Awesome finish to it!

Unknown said...

Each time my mom or mil is round... They make it for us!! I should try it this time! Yummy!

Priya dharshini said...

healthy ladoos for kids..Yummy treat

Unknown said...

Healthy protein filled snack :)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

me recipes anni chala bavunayi..happy to follow u..by the where r u from..urs mother tongue telugu kada..i think so......