Second day of maha marathon with the letter B. I decided to make a traditional Hyderabadi bread Bakharkahani. But suddenly I changed my plan when I fined this beautiful fresh blueberries in Bangaluru at Natures Basket. They are little expensive but I couldn't stop myself to buy them. After I came back to Chennai I started thinking what to make with this blue beauties for our BM second day . First I thought of making cookies, cookies recipe is already there in my blog, finely settled with the recipe of coffee cake. So here is my recipe for the second day with the letter B for BlueberriesLet's check the blogging marathon page here
All purpose flour ------ 1 and half cups
Baking powder ---- 1 tea sp
Baking soda ---- 1/4 tea sp
Salt ----- 1/4 tea sp
Sugar ---- 3/4 cup
Butter ---- 6 tab sp
Vanilla essence --- 1 tea sp
Egg ----- 1
Egg white --- one egg white
Butter milk ---- 1 1/3 cup
Cooking spray or butter for greasing the cake tin
Fresh Blueberries ---- 2 cups
Sugar ----- 1 tab sp
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, mix well with a whisk.
3. Take sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until blend well.
4. Now add egg, egg white, vanilla essence beat well till you get a smooth texture.
5. Add flour mixture little by little and butter milk alternately and beat well. do the process till you finish flour mixture and butter milk, beat well.
6. Shift half of the batter in to greased baking tin, sprinkle 1 cup of blueberries evenly then top with the left over batter over the blueberries.
7. Sprinkle the leftover blueberries and one tab sp of sugar on top.
8. Bake this blueberry coffee cake at 180 degree C for 50 min or till a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Leave it in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool it completely on a wire rack
Serve this delicious cake with a cup of coffee or tea.
Logo courtesy : Preeti