Apr 14, 2015

Cinnamon roll's

This is my second recipe under bun's and roll's sub theme in Mega blogging marathon. Cinnamon roll is a sweet roll made with yeast leavened dough. Cinnamon roll's are normally served as a breakfast in the combination of coffee. I like cinnamon flavor in baked dishes, so I am planing to bake this roll's but little scared about the sugar content in the recipe. But finally I made this roll's, for filling I used cinnamon sugar given by Kamalika, Thank you so much Kamalika for the cinnamon sugar. I didn't use the glaze that makes the roll's more sweeter so if you like can glaze the roll's 
 photo 034c.jpg For glaze mix 1 cup icing sugar with 3 to 5 tab.sp of milk with vanilla essence and sprinkle this on roll's after you remove from the oven....    
Recipe adopted from --- Betty Crockers 
INGREDIENTS:---
For dough.....
All purpose flour (maida) ---  3 and half cups
Butter  ---  4 tab sp
Curd   ---  1/4 cup
Baking soda  --  a pinch( mix the curd with baking soda and mix well before you add)
Salt    ----  3/4 tea sp
Instant yeast  ---  2 tea sp
Milk   -----  3/4 cup
Sugar   ---  70 grams
For filling....
Sugar   ----  1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder  ---  1 and half tab sp
 photo r.jpg METHOD:---
1. Mix all the dough ingredients in a big mixing bowl and make a soft dough.
2. Transfer this dough on working counter and knead for 15 minutes.
3.  Apply oil to a big bowl and place the dough and cover with a wrap set a side to raise.
4. Punch down the dough and roll into rectangle 12/ 14.
5. Mix cinnamon powder and sugar and sprinkle it evenly on the rolled dough.
6. Start from the long side and roll the rectangle in to a tight roll.
7. Cut this roll in to equal portions, arrange this rolls in a greased baking tray cover and leave a side to raise.
8. Pre- heat the oven at 180 degree C. for 10 minutes.
9. Bake cinnamon roll in a pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till they turn gold on top.
10. Remove from oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
Serve with a cup of coffee...

19 comments:

Nivedhanams Sowmya said...

they are so irresistible.. i am so falling in love with them...

Usha said...

Even I used Kamalika's cinnamon sugar for one of the bakes. Cinnamon rolls look good

Padmajha PJ said...

Looks perfect Padma!I too used Kamalika's cinnamon sugar in another bake....

Harini-Jaya R said...

Lovely recipe. My friend was asking me for a good recipe for cinnamon rolls. I shall pass on this link :).

Varadas Kitchen said...

Cinnamon sugar in buns is always a winner. They came out great!

Suma Gandlur said...

Delectable cinnamon rolls.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

i liked the neatly done shape of this roll..very nice

Srivalli said...

Guess I know now how to use that cinnamon sugar..:)..rolls look fantastic Padma..

Srividhya said...

Looks perfect and of course it would have been delicious

Torviewtoronto said...

deliciously done

Rajani S said...

Cinnamon seems to be everyone's favorite, but at my home its shunned :-(. So I get all the cinnamon kicks from the internet and our BM recipes :-). The buns look very nice Padma. Great job :-)

Priya Suresh said...

You got them prefectly Padma, nothing can beat this beauties, am an ardent fan of cinnamon rolls.

Priya Srinivasan said...

My favorite spice and super delicious rolls, i can have them anytime!!!Looks too good!! :)

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Even in my home everybody likes the cinnamon flavor,those rolls are perfectly made..

Pavani N said...

Love the shape of your cinnamon rolls. They look great.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Cinnamon buns are my favorite and would love to eat them anytime :) looks wonderful!

Gayathri Kumar said...

I am yet to use Kamalika's sugar. Your cinnamon buns look so good even without the glaze...

veena krishnakumar said...

These cinnamon buns looks so good. I havent yet used the sugar. Time to bake:)

vaishali sabnani said...

The buns look too good . I like their swirl and the texture, absolutely stunning, though I would make with another flavor.